Chapter 71: Notes

I buckled my seatbelt and the car started moving, Tori has her hands on the wheel but it looks like she was out of it.

"You're driving," I said.

She didn't respond, the huge smile on her lips never changing.

I cleared my throat loudly, which seemed to catch her attention.

"what?" she chirped. She was trying to mask her happiness but It was so obvious.

"what's got you all jumpy" I asked, "You're literally a beam of sunshine right now"

"thanks" she glanced at me.

"It wasn't a compliment" I rolled my eyes and she shrugged me off.

"Hannah and I are going somewhere after school so..."

Oh fuck.

"We have quizzes tomorrow?" I questioned her.

"Don't act like you're not going to spend your time with Chloe."

"dOn'T aCt LiKe- Shut up." I mumbled angrily.

This is annoying.

"Come on" she nudged me, "today's a good day! Hannah and I are going out, You and Chloe did a little thing..."

"How's that a good thing?" I turned to her and asked, "I don't even think I could look at her"

After pulling off that stunt, with Kristy aware, I don't know if I could show my face.

The memory of her breathing heavily, with those green eyes glued to mine-

I shook the thought away, ignoring the warm feeling on my cheeks.

She parked the car and unbuckled her seatbelt. "You're blushing Eli. You'll do fine"

"I won't" I removed the seatbelt and she chuckled.

"I know"

*

First period. No Tori, No Chloe.

I sat down on my chair and rested my head on the desk.

I sighed audibly, closing my eyes and thinking of what to do later.

I mean... It was a good kiss...?

Does she think it's a good kiss?

I shudder at the thought. This feeling was new and I don't know how to handle it.

the tingling sensation in my stomach and her warm lips, her hands tangled in my hair...

I brought my head up and banged it on the desk lightly.

I felt someone grab my shoulder and turn me towards them.

"You okay?"

My eyes widened and I felt my heart race. Suddenly everything was warm.

I removed her hand from my shoulder and attempted to fix my hair, I wore them down today so I think it's all over the place.

"Chlo why are you here?" I managed to ask.

She set her bag down on the desk beside me and sat.

She pressed a slender finger on her lips, "Shh" she whispered and giggled lightly.