Chapter 9: Unplanned Laughs, Wishes and Memories

Jayden's POV

"I loved the dress you wore in the morning and the outfit you are currently wearing shows off your body. It's fierce sexy," I honestly told her and her reaction was priceless.

Her jaw was left hanging open and those gorgeous eyes of hers blinked with pure awe and amusement. I kinda liked this eye contact thing with her.

For real she looked drop dead gorgeous. I had no idea if she had worn the sky blue dress in the morning to impress me or not. Either way I was impressed.

Even her current outfit was on fire. Whoever she'd end up falling in love with would be damn lucky.

"Very funny indeed. You always want to tease me, Jayden Montero," she pouted.

There was something about the way she said my name that I liked. Something I couldn't understand just like how I didn't even understand how I wanted to treat her and how close I wanted us to get.

"You always think I'm joking yet I'm serious."

"Blah blah blah. It's getting late. We should get going," she cut the long story shot then started walking picking up her pace.

Her footprints on the sand were cute. The way she pouted was cute. The way she argued was cute. Why on earth was I suddenly back to all the cuteness stuff especially with my contract wife?

I caught up with her then started walking next to her though I could tell she was trying her best to get ahead of me.

"You know we like live on the seaside on the beach but you chose to walk off for about thirty minutes to get down here," I remarked trying to build a conversation.

"I love the beach and walking on the sand is something I love doing. I also saw on a map I was using that there's this part they call the core so I wanted to be at the core of the beach where the waves are loudest," she explained as the wind tossed her hair.

"Hmm. Quite a contradiction to your personality. You are like quiet but you like loud stuff."

"It's loud and peaceful," she replied trying to keep her hair from blocking her vision.

I just nodded then we continued to the villa and dropped off her stuff. We then went to the dining pavilion where I had planned dinner for us, just an ordinary dinner for two normal people.

We both sat at the dining table which gave a perfect view of the dancing fountain outside and a magical night with twinkling stars scattered across the sky and a bright moon illuminating its bright light.

Everything was perfectly set and the smile on Kyra's face as she looked around confirmed I had done a great job.

I didn't want to put a lot of effort into this because I'd end up thinking of stuff like roses, candles and all the stuff I was used to doing for Kylie.

I didn't want to send off the wrong message to Kyra. I didn't want to give her false hopes of a possibility of an 'us' ever happening.

I had prepared Greek salad with grilled chicken in pita pockets. Monica had taught Kyle and I how to man up this dish one summer when we were all bored and she had done an excellent job.

I served the food and gave her her plate then took mine as well. There was a bottle of wine on the table from their company. It was one of the best.

"Wow. You cooked this?" she asked looking at her food. Yeah yeah, it looked delicious and it even smelled glorious.

"Yup," I replied and she looked at me with an amused look.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"So you actually cook. Interesting. I thought you only do the office stuff and you don't exactly have time and patience for all this stuff."