30

"And where have you been?" I laugh loudly, amused. Placing the perfume back in it's place.

I could feel his presence from behind. My family had said their goodnights. One person left. Feeling relieved at his cologne hitting my nose.

I look up to see his face in the reflection of the mirror. Standing behind me in his regular work suit. I bite down on my lip, before turning around slowly.

"You had me watched." I start carefully, trying to keep calm.

"It was for your safety." His eyes never leave mine.

"Yeah? Tell me why I find that hard to believe."

"Do you believe that I don't care about your safety?" He reached me closing the space to the point I have to look up at him now.

"I was free! I'm here again Stefano!" I interrupt, meeting him half way. Our chests barely touch as I get into his face.

Our noses skim one another's. I breathe heavily regretting my urge. I walk backwards, and he follows.

"You tell me I wouldn't have to see you again and i'm here." I say carefully, keeping my voice at ease.

"You've matured." I'm sure he could see my wince. I wouldn't admit that his words hurt me.

"It's been 8 months." Everyone around me changed, I guess I had too. A good change, i've been telling myself that at least.

"You were eager to get here before."

"I was high."

"And how long did that last, hm?"

"How have you been Stefano?" I change the topic, wanting to wrap our meeting up.

"Good."

"What? Is that it.. It's late, bye." I turn back around, fidgeting with the perfume again.

"You've been doing that for ten minutes." I look at him through the mirror shocked.

"How long have you been watching me?"

"A while."

"Yeah? Now or for 8 months!" I slam the perfume down, immediately regretting my decision. The bottle shattered in my hand.

"Fuck." I rasp shaking my hand.

Stefano's hand was quick to grab mine, pulling it towards his chest. "I can see now that you have not matured." I rip it away from his hold.

"I don't need your help, and I have!" I exclaimed loudly. Trying to move around him. He blocks my path to the bathroom making me sigh heavily.

"Repeat that." He threatened. His eyes weren't the pretty brown like before, they were black.

"Go Stefano." He wouldn't hurt me, I try to convince myself. What was the point of holding back?

Slowly he moves forward until his chest touched mine completely.

I look up, now breathing heavier. His hand moved around mine before squeezing into it tightly. He never left my eyes staring down at me.

"STOP!" The pain shot throughout my body, putting me into a shock. I try prying his hand off but he doesn't budge. "Please stop."

I could almost feel the glass moving deeper within my hand. "You forget who I am."

"I-Didn't" I studded, feeling a sob roll out of my mouth. He pushed my body back against the dresser moving his face into mine.

"Who am I?" He grunts, squeezing his other hand around my neck. "Stefano-"

"WHO AM I?"

"My Stefano." I whisper, gasping for air. The moment I spoke my words his hand left my neck, like he was reacting.

My eyes closed, I feel his breath fan my face. "Wrong." He grabs my hurt hands wrist, pulling me with him.

I watched my feet move while he turned the bathroom light on. Picking me up he sits me on to the sink, before rummaging through drawers.

I did guilt trip him. I just didn't think it would work. My Stefano.. he wasn't. He reacted tho, something I didn't think he was capable of.

I wasn't paying attention, I didn't feel his hand grab mine gently as he put alcohol on to it.

Gasping he looked at my face. We were face to face now. "This will hurt." He said softly.

The remainder of the time he was removing the glass from my hand. I managed to wrap my full arm around his neck. My head rested on his shoulder and I watched my tears leak down the front of his jacket.

He finished and I couldn't find energy to move. His hands grilled my waist again, pulling me down. I stood frozen looking at his big feet.

The perfume surprisingly didn't touch my t-shirt. I showered and changed as soon as I got into the room.

He runs my hand under the cold water and I shiver. He was taking care of me. It warmed my heart more than it did sending me into shock.

I'd seen news reports growing up about him. Even when I was at college, I'd remove my eyes immediately. I knew the things were true, I'm just not ready to accept it.

I don't think that I ever will. How could he when he's this way with me?

He walked me back into the room and I removed the pillows from on the bed.

"Sorry." I apologize. "You did nothing wrong."
He looked like he wanted to say more but I wouldn't push it. I lay back still looking at him.

"I'll keep out of your way." I say slowly.

"I didn't like being away from you." He admitted getting a small gasp from me.

"You don't mean that."

"I would never lie to you."

"You did." He knew what I meant. About how I wouldn't see him again. He doesn't say anything staring down at me. His brown eyes looked darker by the dim light.

Through cleaning my hand his eyes had softened.

"Hi." I change his thought process, receiving a classic Stefano smirk. "Hi, bella." My brows furrowed, deepening his smirk.

"Who's Bella?" He sits down on my bed, having me raise up on my arms. It hurt my hand, so I sat up fully. Memories return in my mind but I push them aside.

Who's Bella?

                                VOTE!!!

things are about to get spicy. updating again later because i'm so excited.. ;)