11.

Emric.

I had planned to have dinner with my closest friend, and brother but with Linden, I couldn't say no to his request, so I just decided to have dinner at his house, turns out it was the best decision I made.

Marquee left early this morning since Zavier was having trouble with their kids, he wanted to stay longer but priorities. He did however assure me that everything was going to be okay and that my birthday wasn't going to be bad.

I hoped so.

Having dinner last night at Linden's house, was the best nights of my life, great food and great friends, though we had to hold our tongues about werewolves and packs, it seems Linden still fit into the conversation.

I just wish I could tell him and get it over with, just tell him what I am and not feel this crushing burden of withholding the trust from him.

It keeps me up at night, how he will react when he finds out, what he would do, I don't know if I can handle rejection and I'm not one for it so whatever may come, I'm not letting that boy go.

"Em you alright, you've been spacing out a lot since we left the house." Train was worried as well about what would happen if he found out, honestly, we don't know.

With my birthday coming up he either has to know before or after, I'm hoping it's after when I can also tell him we're mates, it would make my life a whole lot easier.

"I'm just worried about him finding out what we are and not wanting me after, I don't think I could handle it if he left me." Train nods in understanding. "I'm sure it's going to be okay." I nod toward my brother.

We were on our way to Linden's house, we had to train and get stronger and my boyfriend was slowly becoming an exercise junkie, which I'm not opposed to but when I learned Linden could shoot with a rifle to a pistol, that shit got me scared.

I might be training an assassin, I laughed mentally at the thought as we got closer to his house. We got there to find him outside already stretching.

"Morning babe." He only responded through our kiss, I could never get enough of his lips they tasted so good and soft. "Ahem, we came to Train, like my name." Fucking cockblock.

I reluctantly let go of Linden and we began our run to the lake. I could feel wolves near us, they weren't a lot, just five rogues. I wondered how they got in past patrol and  were only a kilometer from Linden's house.

Train noticed it too and his eyes glazed over, I'm sure he was notifying dad and the morning patrol because soon after his eyes were normal, I could hear heavy paws heading for us.

"Linden let's get back." I tried to move but he stopped me and pointed past the trees. I cursed lowly since one, there were rogues headed for us and two the secret was out.

"Tell me that man did not just turn into a very large dog." He quivered and all I wanted to do was comfort him, but I had to protect him first. "Stand behind us." He didn't question it and I was grateful.

The wolf attacked and I stood my ground, his claws dug into my skin as we fought, I knew I had to gain the upper hand so I slipped under him and jumped onto it's back crushing its wind pipe.

"Watch out!!" Linden yelled and before the claws could hit me, Linden had kicked the wolf's front leg, I don't know how he did it but the wolf was limping after.

Train had no choice so he shifted much to Linden's horror, who was shocked to see him turn into a six-foot-something wolf. My dad showed up with the wolves from the pack and killed the rest of the rogues.

I didn't know what to do, this was not how today was supposed to begin, my boyfriend was in tears and I was grateful he even let me touch him.

"Emric, what's going on?" I didn't know what to say, I had no options, I couldn't lie to him about all this, he saw what happened he could see the wounds on my body perfectly healed.

"I will explain in just a bit, please don't go, I just need to talk to my dad." He nods and sits by the rocks. I knew this was hard for him, to know there were wolves in the world because they attacked you.

"How is he?" Dad asks and I sighed. "Shaken up but okay." Dad nods and led me to a wolf, I recognized the wolf, Linden landed a kick on its front leg.

"He kicked the nerve point and literally numbed his whole left side, I don't know how he knew that weak point in wolf anatomy." Dad exclaims but I knew. "He wants to be a vet, I'm sure he studied, I wouldn't be surprised." My father nods.

"Alright then son, according to Train they attacked out of the blue and somehow slipped past patrol, which means someone let them in or they found a spot to sneak in with which means we need to tighten security in the area." I nod in agreement.

They clearly had a motive in attacking us and I wondered what but my priority right now had to be Linden. "Dad can you handle this, I need to explain a lot to him." My father nods and wishes me good luck.

"Good luck bro." I heard my brother say in my head, I definitely needed it. I walked to my boyfriend and waited silently, everyone left and it was just us.

"Can you turn into a wolf too?" He asks lowly and I nod. "Why did they attack us?" I could see tears threatening to spill from his eyes, so I held him closer. "I don't know, please don't hate me, I couldn't bear it." He sniffled, wiping tears away.

"I could never hate you Emric, but this is all too much for me to handle all at once, men turning into wolves, my own boyfriend turning into one, I totally understand why you couldn't tell me and I won't judge you for it but it's a lot." I was glad he wasn't going to lash out for not saying anything.

"I understand and I'm sorry you had to find out like this, it was never my intention and I could never hurt you, I promise." He nods with a lopsided smile.

"So Raziq, Train, your family, even Marquee are wolves?" He sang and I couldn't help feel a little relieved he wasn't crying anymore.

"Yes we are and Marquee comes from another pack in SandBury, where his husband and kids are." I could see realization set in on his face.

"So St Maine has a wolf pack, that's cool and creepy, is that why I always hear howling near my window at night?" He demanded and I realized he heard my wolf howl.

So I scratched the back of my neck embarrassed and awkwardly. "That would be me." He chuckles lowly. "Well at least I know I will be treating a lot of wolfies when I become a vet." He slightly giggled making me release a huge breath.

"I need to go home love and think about all this, it's too fresh in my mind and I can't really think straight, so I need to go home to just think and clear my mind." I understood he needed time but my wolf felt rejected which wasn't the case.

I guess he could see the hurt on my face. "You being werewolf or a puppy doesn't matter to me, you're still the Emric I know and fell for, my unofficial boyfriend, I just time to sort of my own thoughts, I'm not pushing you away." We kissed and I could feel the reassurance.

I couldn't lose him, not Linden, my wolf and I couldn't lose him.

+++

Follow_Vote_Comment.

I usually post on my message board when I update so you can always check that out or you check my book. Lyfeo's Additionals, I post information there as well, if you have questions both platforms work.

LMJ