17.

Emric.

"Will you stop pacing you're making me nervous and I don't like being nervous okay stop!" I stopped and growl at him. "Apologies alpha." Train showed his neck in submission.

I reigned in my wolf. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that." I apologized to my brother.  "It's okay, I know how you're feeling, today we're one eight, I haven't gotten Linden yet and it's one in the morning." He chuckles lightly.

I questioned myself, what if he wasn't the one, what if the goddess really wanted to play go fish with my life, or is it poker, whatever it was I wanted to feel that pull to him.

I was up as Train said it was one in the morning, my wolf wouldn't listen to me no matter how much I try wolf out, he anxious, restless and I don't know how to stop it.

Add on an almost complete full moon, I have nothing working perfectly right now. "Why don't I feel it yet, his scent is driving me nuts already, why don't I feel it, should I go to his house or something." My mother stands by the door laughing.

"You would seem like a creep honey, your dad and I didn't know we were mates until a day or two after his eighteenth birthday, so relax okay." I nod to mom. I just want Linden to be my mate and nothing else.

Another issue is his mom's rogue boyfriend, the trackers found out he's lived in town for a few months now, uses musk to hide his scent, and the reason why we never knew about him was because he stays away from pack territory.

His mistake was coming into pack territory which now includes where Linden's house and a few are, thanks to my dad and the need to extend property for construction, I'm sure he didn't know he was walking into our territory when he did it.

I was glad my baby was smart enough to recognize wolf traits, we blend in so well with humans at times it's hard to pick the difference but there are always hints to look for and if you can find them you'll know your wolf.

But I was worried as well, my baby was living in a house, a rogue wolf could easily enter and that was unavoidable, what choice would I have to make if he were to hurt Linden.

In the process, it would reveal the truth to his mother, break her heart, love him or shun him and that was problematic. I didn't want to think of the possibilities and chances the rogue would have to hurt him, it made me restless.

"We found more info about the rogue." I turn to look at my mom. "He's a doctor at the local hospital, his records are only from this year and only about the time we moved here, which means the same time we came here he did, which doesn't make sense, why would he follow us." It was indeed perplexing.

"Question is mom, did he come alone?" Train asks after pausing his game. "Indeed that's the question, and I'm sure he didn't, the rogues who attacked you weren't here when we marked the land as ours, meaning they might've come with this man." I was now trying to connect everything.

Why would they come here, why did they come here, we had no actual problem with rogues, if you wanted to be part of the pack, you just needed to ask and you were inspected in detail, if you were redeemable then my dad would allow it.

But I realized today was my birthday, I had to worry about linden and Train having fun today that's all, I would check everything out tomorrow.

"Mom can we just keep an eye on him and make sure he isn't  trouble or until we find out he's trouble, today is our birthday let's not damper it and oh have the wolves do a double sweep of the area near Linden's house just to be safe." She ruffles my hair and Train's too.