11

(Davanee)

"When did you find time to do things like that?"

I stayed silent.

"I thought I had raised you better..."

I kept my silence.

"...but I am not mad at you. Just very very disappointed in you because you knew better. I should be mad," my mom says with the most serious face I've ever seen on her. "And so, if you think that you are grownup I'm going to let you be just that..."

The hell does that mean?

"You are free to leave when you're ready. Since you're already grown up...I don't need to raise you any more, Davanee," she says in a calm tone of voice.

"Mom, no. I-"

"You what?" Her voice gets a little louder as her facial expression began to morph. "Since you're grown you should know where to go, shouldn't you?"

"I told you it was an accident. I didn't mean for it to happen at all," I say.

"I don't care, Davanee! It still happened. As a mother that put a lot of trust in her daughter, this is a slap in the face."

The tears started coming immediately.

"Call the baby's father and go. Who is the baby's father by the way? Is he working? Does he even know about your situation?" She asks, obviously getting mad.

"You don't know him," I wiped a tear that was rolling down my cheek.

"Call him to come get you!..Call him!"

I thought she said she wasn't mad...but ok.

"Mom, please. I'm sorry," is all I could say at this point.

I had just gotten back from my doctors appointment in which Ace and I went after school. I decided to tell my mom, showing her the pregnancy test I took and the ultrasound photo.

Anyways, she gets up and stormed off to her bedroom. I closed my eyes and inhaled.

I can't say that I didn't see this reaction from her coming. But fine, if she wants me to go, shiiiii... I'll go. I took my phone out of my back pocket and called Ace.

"Hello?" He answered after the 4th ring.

"Hey, can you um..." I sniffled, trying to hold back another round of tears that I knew was aboutta come. "...come pick me up?"

Tears started to make their way down my cheek. I don't even know why I'm crying?

"Are you cryin? Wassup? What's wrong?" He asks. I heard the concern in his voice.

"Ace, please just come pick me up. I don't wanna be here no more..." I sniffled some more.

I hear him let out a breath. "...aight. Ima be there in thirty."

"Aight."

I hung up, wiped my tears and went to my room to pack up some of my clothes in my duffle. I wasn't gonna bring all my clothes because I'm not sure if my mom really wants me to leave or not...

She might've just said it in the heat of the moment but like I said, I'm not sure. I hope she comes around and forgives me...I know our relationship might never be the same but I still wanna know that my mom is there.

When Ace texted that he was outside, I left without saying anything to my mother.

(Ace)

I looked out my car window to see Davanee coming out her building with her backpack and a duffle bag on her shoulder.