XIII - Adonis

New cover is at the top.

"So what's up with you and shawty?"

Adonis was over at Tristan and Tamara's apartment. It was the day after Sage helped him with his finances. Together they did a pretty good job. They would have to do it together for the next six weeks until his accountant was able to return to the job.

"Who?" Adonis laid back in Tristan's couch as he waited for Tamara to bring food for them. He wasn't particularly fond of Tamara but she did her job well. She stayed at home with Akeelo and Akeelah while Tristan ran around making the money.

"Yo best friend nigga. That bad bitch I seen up at your apartment couple mornings ago," Tamara could hear the conversation from the kitchen and she rolled her eyes at what Tristan said. He never learned.

"Don't call her out her name but yeah that's my best friend," Adonis frowned. Nobody got to call Sage out her name. And what the hell was taking Tamara so long anyway. She was supposed to be making shrimp and beef rotel dip but she was taking too long and frankly a nigga was too hungry to not get upset.

"My bad," Tristan held up his hands surrendering, "but when since you and her best friends and what happened to us."

"You my brother and we've been best friends for a month and a half."

"Best friends? She bad as hell and you ain't hitting that? I ain't believe. How old she is?"

"She 17 and nah I ain't hitting that. I told yo ass, we only best friends."

"Nigga you ain't best friends by choice. You only best friend because she too young and you don't wanna catch a case."

"Same thing."

Both of them bust out laughing at what Adonis said.

"Tristan, Greek," both of them heard Tamara calling from the kitchen, "the food is finished. Come to the dining area to eat cause y'all ain't gonna eat in that living room."

Both of them got up and went to the dining room to eat.

"Thanks Tammy," Adonis thanked her and Tamara's eyes lingered on Adonis before she uttered a "you're welcome."

"Thanks babe," Tamara only rolled her eyes at Tristan.

Adonis was pleased to see that Tamara had added Tortilla chips and Doritos and put the rotel dip on top.