Chapter 23

My eyes slowly drift open and I take in my surroundings. I'm in my dorm and Dimitri's spooning me in my bed. Memories come flashing back from last night. Oh god. What did Dimitri want to talk about? Possibilities rummage through my head, but I try to ignore them. I can slowly feel Dimitri waking up from behind me, so I pretend I'm asleep. I don't why - just an instinct. He pulls his weight off my mattress and I can feel him looking at me. About a minute later, he lays back down again, and pulls me close to his chest. My pulse quicken and my stomach is making weird feelings.

I feel a hot breath by my ear, as Dimitri whispers, "You cannot fool me, Ruby. I know that you are awake."

A smile breaks out on my face, as I turn around to look at him. I must admit, I really missed him when we weren't speaking for those few days, but I also gotta respect him. If he isn't ready to commit, he just isn't ready.

"So... what did you want to talk about?" I ask him getting slightly concerned.

"Us," he says in a small voice.

My eyes widen as I look up at him, but I don't speak up. And god, he looks good when he has just woken up.

"I am willing to try..." He continues.

"Try what?" I ask him, literally not getting it.

He sighs out loud, but answers, "I am willing to try us."

I quickly scan his face over, but I can't read it.

"Dimitri... I don't want to push you into something, if you're not ready for it," I tell him quietly.

"No, Ruby. I want to try. These couple of days with us not speaking, has been hell. I sound very sappy right now, but I am done trying to deny how I feel. So please, for the love of God, just kiss me."

I scan his face again and this time, I see honesty and worry on his face.

"I agree. These last couple of days has been hell, well apart from seeing my father again. But the part with not talking to you. And I like this sappy side of you, it's very... pleasant. But one thing - I can't kiss you, Dimitri," I tell him.

His face quickly changes and he locks himself up again, as I realized what I've said.

"No, no! Not like that. I meant, I forgot to brush my teeth last night, so I probably have a horrifying breath. That's why I can't kiss you" I tell him in a hurry.

He looks me dead in the eye and says, "Well if you cannot kiss me, I guess, I will just have to kiss you."

As soon as he's done talking, he pushes his lips against mine. Our lips move slowly against each other, but we soon get faster and messier. His tung brushes against my lips, asking for permission to enter, as I open my lips letting him in. Dimitri lays back down on his back, as he pulls me onto him, so I'm straddling him. He trails kisses down my neck and I pull at his shirt, demanding him to take it off. And he does exactly that. I can feel the bulge between my legs and my fingers find their own way down to his belt. I unbuckle it and get off his lap, so he can get his jeans off. Now we have the same amount of clothes on because I'm only wearing what I slept in - A sports bra and panties. I'm feeling very brave and I am just about to pull his underwear down, as a gasp sounds from behind us. I snap my head around and there, in the doorway, is Emily and her brother standing. Oh god, this is embarrassing. Dimitri pulls me down on the mattress and throws the blanket over me, so they can't see my body. He also makes sure, that the blanket covers him from the legs and down.

"Hi," I say in a very small voice.

"Hello..." answers Jamie.

There's a very awkward tension in the air, which only makes it more uncomfortable.

"Guess we'll be going then," Emily says, but she gives me a look that says, 'You and I are definitely talking about this later.'

"Bye," I say. Dimitri hasn't said a word, but he glared at Jamie when Jamie wiggled his eyebrows at him.

As soon as the door closes, I laugh. Like really laugh. My stomach's hurting when I finally calm down. I look over at Dimtri, only to find him staring at me with a small smile playing on his lips.

"What?" I aks him confused.

"You are mine," he says or more like states.

I smile up at him and lift my head to give him a kiss. We kiss for a few minutes, before Dimitri asks, "What were you about to do, before those two cockblocks walked in?"

I laugh at him but blush thinking about what I actually had in mind. No way in hell am I giving him the satisfaction of knowing, so I end up saying, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

He nods his head, but lets it be. I get up from the bed, only to be pulled back down as a certain someone growls, "Where the hell do you think you are going?"

"I'm going to get dressed. I have class in 30 minutes," I tell him, laughing at his clinginess, which I find quite cute.

"Noooooo," he whines. I've never seen this playful side of his, and I'm enjoying every bit of it.

"Alright, I'll stay here," I say and lean in to kiss him.

"Really?"

"Nope," I laugh and jump out of bed and find some clothes. I look over at him. He's laying with his arm crossed and a deep frown playing on his face.

"Walk me to class?" I ask him.

He rolls his eyes but gets up nonetheless. As soon as he has gotten his clothes on, we walk outside together. We walk past a group of guys, as Dimitri puff his chest out and grabs my hand. I could definitely get used to this feeling.