Chapter 3: Deal!

Mew didn't have to go looking for Gulf, after all, their families were close and met often.

"Soon" came faster than Mew expected, two days after his discovery, Gulf's family were over for dinner.

It was like any other day, but for the first time ever instead of just chatting with the adults he actually turned and took a look at the quite Gulf. 

" I hope you don't mind, but I want to borrow Gulf for a bit." Mew addressed both families.

Gulf jolted awake at his name being called and turned his face towards Mew only to notice the gentle smile on his lips.

"Can I have a moment?" Asked Mew gesturing with his head to Gulf.

"S....sure." stumbled Gulf, giving his parents a small smile as he followed Mew out.

What in the world did Mew want with him? The man had not spared him a glance for the past 20 years....maybe more like the past 18. His parents had often told him how they played together and how close they were when he was young, but he really doubted it. He and Mew were too different to ever Truly get along.

This was exactly why Gulf was so confused as Mew led him to the privacy of his room. The same room he had kicked him out from the last time. And when Mew asked him to take a seat, still smiling, Gulf knew something was wrong.

"So..." began Mew looking expectantly at Gulf.

Gulf just stared back mute....he wasnt good with words and there was really nothing to reply to. So he just stood there frozen into silence.

Mew sighed plopping into a couch right opposite to the one Gulf sat on.

Mew had his doubts. Could he really pull this off? The boy was as quite and unemotional as a rock, and he got on Mew's nerves, but still he would be perfect.

Being quite meant this whole thing would make sense to his mom. Gulf was so quite it is quite believable for them to have keep the whole thing a secret. Not to mention Gulf's family and status all fit his family's standards. It would be the perfect cover up.

Mew scrolled through his phone as Gulf watched him silently. He then slid the phone towards Gulf watching for his reaction.

When Gulf caught sight of what Mew had just showed him, his eyes dilated in shock. He quickly looked back at Mew only to find him smiling.

"I....I.." Gulf attempted to speak.

"At least we've got you talking." Sighed Mew. " Here's the deal, I need a fake boyfriend and I'm booking you."

Gulf was lost for words. When he was finally able to speak, the words that came out turned Mew from smiling into scowling.

" No, thank you." Replied Gulf politely.

Mew couldnt believe his ears..."No?"

" I not going to lie to my parents nor yours." Explained Gulf.

"But you're willing to lie to others?" Mew scoffed.

"Its not-" Gulf began his eyes panicky with Mew's accusation.

"This wasn't a request Gulf." Said Mew sternly, his eyes darking.

" I'm leaving." Pronounced Gulf rising from the couch.

Mew quickly grabbed onto his elbow, halting any attempts Gulf had to leave.

" I don't think so. It doesn't seem like you realize the position you're in Gulf."

"Let go!" Said Gulf panicking as Mew's hold on his arm just got tighter.