chapter thirteen

~~ y/n's pov ~~

"okay so i need the 6 bolts. no to your left. other left dipshit, now back. ok there give me those."

clay and i were sitting in the living room, trying to get the couches built. the manuals and pieces were everywhere and little progress was being made.

"there is no need to curse your highness." he said back as he placed the bolts in my hands.

"i would have gotten them myself but i'm kinda holding this entire couch up. just cooperate next time." i stuck my tounge out and started placing the bolts in.

i got the last one in and carefully let go. i stood back and high fived clay triumphantly.

"one down, bazillion more to go!" i said and he let out a sigh and laughed.

"i'm gonna have back damage by the end of this from carrying the entire project." he teased as we started opening the second package.

i rolled my eyes and graciously chucked a pillow at his face, hitting him dead center.

"what was that for?" he complained and i chuckled.

"you know exactly what." i shot back, then heard the door rattling.

i turned my head and fell forward slightly, feeling the pillow thump against my skull. i sat back up and glared at him, grinning madly back at me. i didn't hold back, and threw the pillow back at him with all my strength.

it hit him forcefully right at the bridge of his nose right as george and nick walked in the door.

"damn clay, what'd you do to y/n?" nick laughed as they joined us in the living room.

"he's being a brat." i said simply, and sat back down on the ground to work again.

nick and george started dying from laughter as clay stood there trying to shut them up.

"i'm not? y/n's being dramatic, guys, guys! shut up."

i scoffed as i got your from my seat and gave the manual to nick.

"whatever you say! george come help nick and clay, i am going to set up my bedroom. y'all can come hang out in there if you want when you're done." i said with a smile and started down the hallway.

"okay mom." one of them said, and i turned my head.

"what was that?" i asked slowly, and they all pointed at george.

"george, i'm disappointed in you. you are not welcome to hang out." i turned back around and shut my door.

as i left i heard a little bit of their conversation,

"uh ohh george is in trouble"
"no i'm not, that didn't mean anything"
"MOMMMM GEORGE IS SHIT TALKING"
"shush!"
"yeaaa you're not scared. sure."

i giggled a little bit and sat down. they really are just a bunch of kids.

-

a little bit had passed and i was making great progress on my room. my desk was set up under my window, and my bed was finally off the floor and on a bed frame. i was working on putting together my chair when i heard a knock at the door.

"come in!" i called out as i quickly turned my head.

it was no other than clay, leaned against the doorframe. the sunlight caught his eyes, making them shine even brighter than they already do.

my breath hitched in my throat, taken aback at how good he looked, just so casually standing there.

"that hangout invite still up for grabs?" he asked, and i snapped back into reality. i nodded my head and gestured towards my bed.

"all yours." i replied and turned back towards the chair. i silently cursed myself, i probably looked crazy just staring at him like that.

he plopped down on the mattress, pulled his legs up and started shitfting around, looking for a good spot to settle.

"you comfortable yet?" i tried teasing him but he gave me a genuine smile and agreed.

"yeah, your room already seems pretty nice. very homey. i like it."

i blushed a bit and went back to my chair. the genuine compliments always caught me off guard.

we sat in a comfortable silence, my background music playing in the background. we cracked a couple jokes here and there but it was just peaceful.

i felt so comfortable around him, we had clicked so quickly.

a bit later, nick texted us saying that he was going live and that the we all should join the call. i couldn't play with them because i needed to edit, but i said i would join and just chat.

"well it seems like this is where i leave you dear y/n; farewell" clay said with a bow and i rolled my eyes.

"don't let the door hit you on the way out!" i called back at him and he laughed as he left.

i lounged out on my bed and pulled out my headphones and my phone. as my laptop started up, i sent a text to the group.

y/n- not sure how ur stream is gonna go but if u need space my desk is up for grabs!
sapnap- yk that's not a bad idea, who all has pcs set up?
george- mine isn't, i can play on my laptop in y/n's room
y/n- sounds good!

i started exporting the footage to premiere as george walked in.

"jesus how does your room already look this good? i'm still sleeping on the floor."

"what can i say, i'm just better than you! plus clay helped me." i muttered the second sentence but he heard it all the same.

"you two have been spending an awful lot of time together, dare i say you have a crush on him?" george teased me as he sat down at my desk.

i buried my head in my hands and let out a sigh.

"maybe?"

"OMG Y/N NO WAY! this is so good i ha- YAY!!" he got up and gave me a big hug.

"umm... thanks? i didn't know it was monumental that i had a crush on someone, you've never given me that reaction before." i said as i hugged him back slowly, very confused.

"no no no this is different, i- just trust me, it's different." he started to say, but stopped mid sentence. this was happening an awful lot recently, what am i missing here?

"okay... but you cannot tell him. i don't even know myself if it's true, so i don't want to make anything awkward. promise me you won't say a word?" i said in a hushed voice, realizing how loud george has screamed.

"okay okay i won't." he put his hands up but gave me a very cheeky grin.

i rolled my eyes and fell back on my bed dramatically, but there was no hiding the giant grin on my face.