chapter sixteen

~~ y/n's pov ~~

after the fiasco of this morning, i needed to relax. i grabbed my phone, wallet and keys and headed out the door, saying bye to nick as i left.

i got down to one of the cars, plugged my phone in and started playing some music. i did a quick search for some local shops and after finding one, started on my way.

i arrived at a plant nursery a couple minutes later and started heading in. my phone was buzzing like crazy, but i shut it off for the time being.

whatever it was, it could wait.

i wandered through the nursery, admiring all the plants and choosing some i liked. my room has always been full of plants since i was a little kid, and i had full intentions of keeping the tradition.

my cart was becoming a jungle very quickly, so i figured i better stop. i could plant shop for ages, but i sorta needed to get a move on.

there was a small line to check out, so i pulled my phone out and held the line to turn it back on. my timing was bad because as soon as the home screen came on it was my turn in line.

as i placed all the plants on the counter, my pocket started buzzing a million miles per second. i had no idea what could be this urgent but i feel bad ignoring it now.

i checked out hurriedly and pulled the the side, trying to go through my notifications. there were lots of tweet mentions, the dtgc had a lot of messages and i had a twitch notification.

dreamwastaken is live: super special suprise if you don't watch ur lame

okay, so dream was streaming. that's not totally out of the ordinary, the stream must just be entertaining. i strolled over to the car and loaded all my plants in, dropped the cart back off and sat down.

i locked my doors and opened the twitch app, just to see what the hoopla was about. it said he was just chatting which was uncommon.

as it loaded on my screen my jaw dropped.

dream, sapnap and george were all just casually sitting on our couch, face cam and all. dream was just doing his face reveal, right now, like it wasn't even a big deal.

they were telling stories about us moving in, and they were including me. i sent a message in chat, but it went completely unnoticed due to the absolute crazy spam. he had also turned of all subs and donations so i couldn't talk to them that way, so i went to my last resort.

~~ dreams pov ~~

my heart was still pounding in my chest, even though we had been live for a bit. it was a really nerve racking thing, but i figured now was a better time than ever.

i was bound to get recognized eventually now that we're in LA, and i would want my face reveal to be done on my own accord, not just by a random viewer that decided to ruin it for me.

i felt my phone buzz softly in my pocket and quickly glanced at it.

"oh and just on time, the actually responsible one, y/n!"

i answered her call and put her on speakerphone.

"hey everyone this is y/n, resident mom! mom you're on speakerphone with like 100k people just so you know."

"hello everyone! dream, y'all couldn't have waited for me to come home to do this like, super important milestone? kinda rude of you." she tried sounding serious, but light laughter sprinkled through.

"we texted you y/n, were you ignoring us?" nick asked, sounding fake hurt.

"i was not ignoring you, i was busy. speaking of, do you need anything?" her tone changed, returning to her normal voice.

"OH MY GOD WAIT Y/N CAN YOU GET US MORE LEGOS? GUYS LOOK AT OUR LEGO TOWER HOLD ON.." i dropped the phone on the couch and raced back, gesturing towards george to help carry it.

"pfft, i should have known. ill suprise you soon, see ya later!" she answered and we heard a soft dial tone.

george and i bent down and carefully picked up our skyscraper, meticulouslly carrying the creation to the camera. we had almost made it when sapnap dropped his phone on the ground, startling george.

as if in slow motion, the skyscraper fell to the ground, completely missing our hands trying to grab it. it smashed to the floor, causing a loud noise and making the peices fly everywhere.

we stood in silence, just observing the mess we had made. i slowly glanced up at george, and then sapnap.

"y/n's gonna kill us."

as if on cue, my phone started buzzing from the couch. i slowly walked to it, and revealed the screen, showing y/n's user.

"... umm hey y/n... whats up?" i asked her hesitantly.

"CLEAN THAT MESS UP RIGHT NOW OR I AM NOT BUYING YOU ANY MORE LEGOS EVER." she said abruptly and hung up right after.

george dropped to the ground immediately and started gathering legos in his shirt.

"do you guys not want more legos? you know she's serious right" he asked and nick joined him.

"umm so, good stream guys! see you later... if were not dead." i said to the stream and ended it hurriedly.

~~ y/n's pov ~~

as dream ended his stream i couldnt contain my laughter. the way george just -dropped- had tears forming, i had to take some deep breaths.

i finally clicked my phone off and headed to my next store. i wandered aimlessly around just getting things that caught my eye, and got a mean spaceship for the boys, and maybe me, to build later.

after 3-4 more stores i was ready to go. i had everything i could need and probably some extras, so i headed home after a long day.

as i climbed in the car for the last time, i shot a text to the group chat.

da dream team 😈🔥💯

y/n: coming home now, if i step on a lego you're all dead.
dream: ur gonna kill us? i'd like to see you try
y/n: i think you forget who makes all the meals in the house
and who's the only one that has a basic understanding of medicine
dream: i didnt ask to be called out like that that was mean
y/n: boohoo 😐
george: don't text and drive y/n ur being irresponsible
y/n: okay george i don't want to worry your precious little head, see u soon
dream: this is so unfair y is she only mean to me
y/n: something abt a bet i think?
sapnap: UH OHHHHH
dream: i don't know what you are talking about
dream: you are such an idiot george literally the least smooth person i know
george: wrong chat buddy. 0/2
- dream left the group -
y/n: i-

i tossed my phone to the side with a grin and made my way home. once i arrived i gathered all my bags and got up to the apartment, greeting our neighbors as i opened the door.

the children were all sitting around on the floor, trying to rebuild the skyscraper. as i shut the door behind me they all looked up hesitantly. i giggled at their faces and spoke up.

"oh my god i'm not a monster, cmon let me help."