20.

I flashed a smile to Angie who was standing by the door greeting everyone walking into her class. I began to make my way over to my seat when I made eye contact with deep blue eyes, unconsciously putting me to a halt. My smile quickly faded and instead I began to feel a little nervous. I was surprised to see him seeing as he wasn't in English class this morning. Then again I've come to learn that attendance doesn't matter to him and he is unpredictable. 

He quickly looked away, focusing his attention to the board at the front of the room. I took a deep breath before making my way over to my seat. 

I wasn't sure what to say to him since, 
A: things were left a little awkward on Friday after he basically had an argument with Harry over literally nothing.  B: he never responded to my text message yesterday. Which makes me feel a little embarrassed to have even texted him in the first place but for the sake of our project I needed to. and C: ever since I told my friends about Niall's and I's kiss (that I chose to forget about and force into the back of my mind as soon as it happened and I now regret telling them) they don't let me forget it and instead tease me about it every chance they can. So now seeing him makes me feel even more nervous because I don't know how to act around him. 

"Hey Niall." I nervously said as I took my seat next to him.

"Ava." He nodded as he glanced over at me before he quickly turned his attention back to the front of the class.

After a few seconds I spoke up again. "Umm, I wasn't expecting to see you in class."  

"You were the one who asked me to come." He looked at me, slightly raising his eyebrows and letting a small smirk form on his lips. 

"Yeah, but you never texted me back so how would I know." I slightly blushed. He just confirmed  that he ignored my text on purpose but I convinced myself it was nothing major. 

I turned to look at him only to see him leaned back on his chair, arms crossed as he stared at the board. "Was busy." He mumbled. No expression on his face but it was obvious something was bothering him. 

 Before I could ask him what was wrong the bell rang and I decided to think nothing of it, turning my attention to the front of the class instead.

We were meant to be getting our actual writing assignment for the project today. Niall being the flake that he is and always skipping class was not here for the announcement on Friday which is why I texted him yesterday to see if he was going to attend class today.

"Okay children let's start." Angie clapped. "I hope everyone's Monday is going great. Today for the first part of class we will be continuing our lesson from Friday. Then we are going to go over the second part of your project which is a writing assignment!" 

I silently chuckled as a few groans were heard from students in the class as she mentioned the assignment earning a sigh from Angie. 

A whole 40 minutes went by slowly and Angie was finally done with her lesson and was now talking to us about our assignment. A stack of papers was passed back to our table which Niall took. He took two before passing it to the people behind us. 

"Thanks." I blushed as he passed me the one he had grabbed for me, our hands briefly touched. I immediately began to read over the assignment while also trying to listen to Angie speak. 

".... two pages... a reflection written by both partners... turn in by Wednesday..."

"Pretty simple task don't ya think? Nothing you can't get done in two days. And then your first project will be finished." Angie said once she was done explaining the assignment. 

"Okay, theres ten minutes left in class." Angie announced after she finished answering some questions. "I'm going to call you up one by one to get your babies." Angie had let us keep our babies in the classroom so we wouldn't have to stress too much about them over the weekend.

Two pages between the two of us? Easy. I just hope Niall doesn't wait until last minute to write his. The only problem was that this week I am laptopless. 

"What are you thinking about?" Niall asked, slightly tilting his head as he looked at me curiously. 

"Oh, nothing... It's just I took my laptop to get repaired yesterday and it won't be ready until Thursday." I told him.  

"Ohh.. well you can use mine." Niall suggested. "That's okay I don't want to trouble you. I'm sure Sophia will lend me hers." I smiled.

"You don't trouble me Ava. You'll use mine." I felt my heart skip a beat at his words. Which was weird, but it's probably because I don't know how to act around him after having my friends tease me about him so much. 

"Besides, Sophia will need her laptop for her project with Liam. And Liam doesn't own a laptop." He smirked. 

"Oh, that is true." I realized. Just then the bell rang, meaning class was over. Bodies quickly got up and began exiting the class.

"Niall, Ava." Angie called over to us. I quickly grabbed my belongings before Niall and I walked over to Angie where she handed me the last baby that sat on her desk. 

"You'll come over later then." Niall said once we walked out the door of the class and into the loud and packed hallway. 

"W-what?" I looked at him questioningly. 

"How else are we supposed to work on the project?" Niall asked me, a smirk forming on his lips. 

"Oh, I hadn't thought about that." I mumbled realizing he was right. But did I really want to go over to his apartment where we'll be all alone? No. But what did I end up saying? "Okay. I guess we can do that." I nodded. 

We had miraculously made it to my locker and I was already opening it up, placing the baby gently inside before closing it back up. 

"Great, it's settled then. You'll be coming home with me after school." Niall smirked at me leaning against the locker next to mine. I blushed, hoping no one around heard him but I could already see the weird looks people were giving us as they overheard him. I already know people get the wrong idea when they see us together. I was just hoping they wouldn't spread any false rumors, something that I know the school lives for. 

"See ya later darlin'." Niall smirked before he walked away, disappearing into the crowded hallway. 

I let out a loud sigh. Why did I say yes if I don't want to be alone with him? 

"Okay, tell me I did not just over hear Niall freaken Horan say he's taking you home with him today." Lucy squealed loudly in my face. 

"Ughh!" I groaned covering my face with my hands. This is the last thing I needed right now. 

Where the hell did she come from? 

 "What if he tries to kiss yo-" She jumped up excitedly, squealing annoyingly but I quickly cut her off. "What the hell Lucy! Shut it!" I groaned. 

"Come on, let's get to class." I sighed, pulling my annoyingly squealing friend along with me.