17 I'd Treat You Better Than Him

It was your boyfriend, Khai's birthday today, so you decided you were going to go to his house unexpectedly and surprise him with flowers. You were totally excited and even bought him his favorite chocolate.

You dressed in a beautiful f/c dress, with your hair down, and just looked overall stunning (like the bad b*tch you are!)

You practically ran to his house happily. 'Ahhhh I can't wait to see the look on his face,' you thought, giggling at yourself. When you arrive, you prep the flowers in one hand and chocolate in the other. You knock on the door....

Nothing.

You stood there confused and knock again.

Nothing.

'Weird, maybe he's out right now,' you twist the knob, it's unlocked. 'Might as well wait in here until he gets back.'

You walk around the house, until reaching his bedroom. You gently push
the door open, your eyes widen, and you drop the flowers unintentionally.

Khai was in fact at his house, but someone else was with him....Kissing him. A girl.
"K-Khai?" You quietly say, eyes welling up with tears. That catches his attention and he quickly puts space between the two of them.
"Y/n, it's not what it looks like," he says.

"Then what is it?" you ask, voice shaking. "I- well- its," he looked completely guilty, so you saved yourself time and stormed out of the room. You felt warm tears streaming down your face, but you ignored it along with your now ex boyfriend's voice calling for you.

He eventually caught up to you and pulled your hand to face him. You then shoved him away from you. "Don't touch me!" you cried, "d-don't touch me."

"Please, forgive me...I-I won't do this next time," he said, pretending to be ashamed, but he was just sorry he got caught. You hesitated. "Yeah, you won't do this next time...because there won't be a next time. We're over. And don't bother following me, acting like you care. H-happy birthday by the way," you add bitterly before turning around, and continuing to walk away.

You chose not to back to your home, but instead, go to an area that only your best friend Varian and you know about. It's slightly hidden by bushes, has a great view of the sunset and ocean, and has a bench. You sat down, rolling your dress up to your knees and pinning them. (It's hard to explain, like how Jackie in Star Vs The Forces Of Evil did before riding on her skateboard)

 (It's hard to explain, like how Jackie in Star Vs The Forces Of Evil did before riding on her skateboard)

Her dress originally looked like this:

But she was able to pin it up like that

ANYWAYS

You looked at the little chocolate pieces in the heart shaped box and sighed. "Might as well eat my sorrows away," you mumbled, plopping one into your mouth. "Oh my god, I didn't expect you to be here!" a voice exclaimed next to you and you jumped. "Varian?! wait oh my god Varian," you muttered to yourself, turning away from him and quickly wiping away your tears. "Heyyyy, Varian," you say turning back to him and doing finger guns.

"Hey? Why are you acting so weird? waaaait," he says, examining your face while you look away in discomfort, "why are your eyes red? WERE YOU CRYING?!" he sits down next to you immediately. "What happened?!" "He...cheated on me," you mumble, sniffling. "Khai?" he asks taking off his goggles (equivalent of taking out hoops before fighting) "where is he? I'm going to beat-eh?" you grabbed Varian's wrist and looked up at him. "There's no use. I'd rather not associate with him at all for a while, that includes my best friend picking a fight with him," you chuckle sadly. "But, he deserves-" "I know what he deserves Varian, karma will hit him."

He sits back down in defeat. "Wanna...talk about it?" the boy asks. You hesitate before answering. "Sure!" you say putting on a fake good mood. "How do you feel?" He asks, when you don't say anything else. "I'm fine, fine really! He was ugly anyway," you joke. You didn't realize tears had stared streaming again until Varian cuffs your face in his hands, and wipes away your tears with his thumbs. You blush, but luckily he wouldn't notice because your cheeks were already red from crying. "You don't have to pretend everything's okay all the time....It's okay not to be okay Y/n," he responds.

You sigh before pulling him into a hug. He was caught off guard, but quickly hugged back. "Why did he do it? Is there something wrong with me? I'm not good enough so he felt the need to go to someone else to make him happy," you cried. "Whoa whoa, this is in no way your fault Y/n, he's just a jerk. Sometimes people mess with another person's feelings just for the heck of it, it's a shitty thing to do, but nevertheless they still do it," he says stroking your hair.

"You are a gorgeous, independent woman, the kindest one I've ever met at that. He didn't deserve you...I could treat you better than he can only if you just gave me the chance," Varian said the last part only above a whisper. Your eyes widened and you pulled away from Varian. "Huh?" you sniffled, wondering if you heard what he said right.

Varian turned red, realizing what he had said out loud and instantly regretting it. He sighed and looked away from you. "This might seem selfish, given that you had gotten your heart broken today, but I had to tell you sooner or later. I...I like you Y/n. Like, like-like you." He looked at the ocean below him and waited for what you had to say.

"How long?" Was all you responded. That was definitely not what he expected, "You know when Rapunzel made us hang out all day on her birthday because we hated each other?" Varian asked. You nodded. "Since the end of that day."

"So...since we became friends?" you asked quietly. "Mhm, it's okay if you don't feel the same way. If I were you I wouldn't even-" "I like you too," you cut him off, looking at the ocean. "W-What?" he said stunned. You paused. "I like you too. I got with Khai because I gave up on ever trying to get with you. Sure...I loved him, but not even half as much as you," you said wiping away one remaining tear calmly, but inside, your stomach was doing backflips.

Varian was happy too. "I can't believe this, we were both so oblivious," he chuckled, mentally face palming. "Yeah...I suppose we were," you giggled looking at him. After the laughter died down, Varian rubbed his neck. "Sooo, what now?" he asked. "We don't...have to decide anything right now, a lot has already happened today," you responded. "But for now, chocolate?" you asked handing him a piece. "Thank you," he responded plopping the piece in his mouth.

You rested your head on his shoulder and put the heart box on you lap so you both could take chocolate. You both watched the horizon, as the sun started to set. There was a silence, but it was far from awkward.

Comforting even.

A/n: Heyyyyyyyyy! I'm actually proud of how this chapter came out. The next few chapters will be Yandere Varian, Not so bad part 2, and a prequel chapter for this chapter about how you guys became friends (if you guys think it's a good idea) Also there's going to be an Oc chapter too!

Until next time

-Clementine