27. An unexpected turn of events

~song of the day~
   If you want love - NF

  ~song of the day~    If you want love - NF

Gray's Pov

"Luca."

Why was she thinking about Luca while kissing me?

Unconsciously, Dove pulls away from me, her eyes trained on a figure behind me, a wave of regret flashed across her face. She didn't have a problem with me kissing her in secret, but she doesn't want me to kiss her in public. Because of Luca?

I turn to glare at Luca, but she stops me by placing her cold hand on my face, restricting my neck movement. "Don't Look, " She mutters in a low voice, her eyes staring down at the water.

"Why?"

"I feel bad, " She says and looks up at me with pleading eyes.

An indescribable feeling tugs at my heart, and it feels like concrete drying in my chest.

I nod with understanding and pull away from her. I jump out of the pool without sparing a glance at her, trying hard to mask my hurt. I could never understand Dove. One second, I think she wants me, the next, she's worried about some other guys' feelings.

I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want me either. I don't deserve her, yet I wanted her. I know I'm selfish, but I can't help it. I didn't just want her. I wanted all of her- her emotions, smiles, kisses, and hugs. But it seems like Luca is still crouched up somewhere in her heart.

I was walking into the house when Zyair stops me. He assesses my mood and looks behind me before staring back at me. "Why are you sulking? She said your mouth stinks?" He jokes, laughing at himself.

I tighten my jaw and fold my arms around my chest. I wasn't in the mood for his jokes. "Want to die?" I give him a blank stare.

His laugh immediately turns into a scowl, and he places one hand in his shorts pocket. "Asshole, " he comments and takes a sip from his coke.

"Dickhead."

"Cocksucker."

"Pussylips."

Zyair bursts out laughing at my last comment, covering his mouth with the back of the hand that held the coke. "Who says pussylips?"

I bite my lower lips to stop myself from laughing but end up snickering due to the contagiousness of Zyair's laugh. "Stop making me laugh. I'm in a bad mood, " I say and hit his shoulders.

He laughs harder this time and bends to rest his hand on his knees. I stand still and cross my arms as I stare at him. "Are you done?" I say after he's finally calm.

He looks at my face and burst out laughing again. This time I walk away from him and go into the house. He follows me and throws his arm over my shoulders. "I'm guessing she called you a bad kisser, " Zyair comments again, and I nudge him away from me.