06. why is this our fault

──── CHAPTER SIX, why is this our fault?

─── CHAPTER SIX, why is this our fault?

     KATE SEEMED LOST, she was looking at nowhere while she walked close to the ocean and was thinking about everything but at the same thing about nothing, like for default her mind went somewhere else every time she is relaxed. She tried to be in Rafe's shoes and try to understand the situation, snorting coke couldn't be an option not when he has a future (or at least she thinks that). Something that she hates is being and feel powerless about Rafe's actions but what else could she do? She's not an all powerful human, a supreme who would just get the work done and make Rafe to stay out of that world just by snapping her fingers. It was pretty obvious to her that he wouldn't leave it just that easy but somehow she had to believe him, besides she wasn't his nanny.

She has learned that no woman are made to take care of the men and be their personal nurse or nanny, when they are old enough to take responsibility for their actions they have to take care of themselves, no woman should "fix them" it's not how life is. It wouldn't be fair. Of course she wouldn't be too happy of seeing Rafe snorting coke again but she wouldn't worry that much like last time at her house, he aware of what he's doing.

She sat down and let the wave ends touch her feet once she took her shoes off and the sun was kissing her skin, she felt it and also the air that was hitting her face; the only thing she could hear was the ocean, wishing she could be that free... going from a place to another and absolutely zero family problems, not giving a fuck about anything, in fact, not feeling at all. But time past fast and it was time to leave and go to personal hell of a house.

Once she arrived home an hour later, enjoying that time alone and thanks to that she came back more relaxed, the feeling immediately disappeared when she entered the house and heard her mother talking to Topper who was frowning before the accusation Cynthia was making.

Kate made her way to the backyard to get closer and listen carefully to what the woman was angrily saying but Cynthia noticed her daughter before she could get any nearer.

"Finally. You and your brother have some serious problems" she looked furious but her face didn't make it notorious, Kate knew her mom when she was in a mood.

When the technician arrived, the family walked with him to the boat where he was about to take it out of the water and Kate looked at her brothers direction, frowning and asking him what happened with only her face, they tend to do that. The boy simply shrugged, either of them knowing what happened to the new expensive boat. While their mom was speaking to the man Kate turned to Topper.

"How did this happen?" She hasn't even tried the boat and it was already drown.

"I don't know" he hid his hands in his pocket.

"Was it you? Tell me the truth" she tilted her head to him.

Topper just looked at her ofended by the question, not only his mom but her sister was assuming he did it and Kate noticing this she licked her lips, crossing her arms.