6장: That's Him

It was early in the morning. Yoongi woke up because of the sunlight, coming from his slightly opened window. Birds are chirping outside the balcony. The curtains of his new apartment are kinda thin, the wind can freely enter by it.

He opened his right eye and picked up his phone, Sept. 26 — his father's 20th death anniversary. He looked over his night stand, and took up their family picture. The photo was taken at Jeju Island, that was their first out of town as a family since his father was always busy with work. He was sitting on his father's shoulders, mouth agape because of laughter, while his mom is smiling dearly while observing them. Abeoji, i miss you so much. it still hurts. He didn't notice that tears are already escaping through his sharp eyes. He wiped them with the back of his hand and quickly get up, on his way to his morning shower.

After he finished his morning routine, Yoongi dialed his mother's number. He's just making sure that she's not crying — hopefully.

"Eomma?" yoongi said, while munching some apples from his fridge.

"Yes, my lil meow meow? Are you ready to go?" He smiled at the nickname, that was given by his Appa teasing him that he resemble cats. With the tone of his eomma, he still can sense the sadness on her voice.

"Yes, mom. I'll pick you up on an hour. I'm just going to buy some flowers for appa". He said while his eyes are innspecting the flower shop in front of his apartment, luckily, it's already open.

"I see, be safe, okay? I love you!" He can hear the sizzling sound from the other side, she's cooking our lunch. Yoongi's heart swelled with happiness, thinking that his mom is probably cooking his favorite food — lamb skewers. After exchanging i love you's, he left to buy a bouquet of chrysanthemums.

On the other hand, Hoseok was extremely happy today. His sister just sent him a gift from her own clothing line — Mejiwoo. It was a neon green pull over that has a huge smiley face, occupying the whole back portion.

He flipped his store placard, open and go back on cleaning the shelves and arranging some bouquets. Hoseok was startled when a man, wearing a face mask, black and white striped flannel, tucked on some fitted black stripped jeans and a pair of boots.

Damn, looking so expensive early in the morning? Hobi puts on his heart smile and greeted the man.

"Good morning, sir! Welcome to The Sunshine's Garden. May i know what are you looking for?" The man just stared at him blankly, and continue to look at the shelves composed of bouquets.

Hoseok's smile dropped. Okay, rude. He was beyond annoyed since this customer got some attitude.

Nonetheless, he tried to put on a fake smile and followed the said man. It looks like he's searching for something but he can't find it. With that, Hobi swallowed his pride and approached him once again.

"It looks like you we're struggling to pick the best bouquet. May i know what are you really looking for sir?" He put an emphasis to really. He clasped his hands and put on a fake smile. Hold on, hobi. Just think about sunshine and unicorns.

The annoying customer put their mask down. He can freely see the face of the man by now. He got the most beautiful pair of cat eyes, a boopable nose, thin pink lips and god, his skin — it's as clear as purified drinking water (ㅎㅎ).

His daydreaming was interrupted when the customer snapped his fingers in front of him.

"Hello..." he stopped and looked at his nameplate, "Mr. Jung Hoseok. As i was saying earlier, I'm looking for a bouquet of chrysanthemums. Please give me some fresh ones". He said and took his phone out, and maybe, checking the time.

"Omg, y-yes, Sir. I'm so sorry. I...uhm I-ill be arranging the flowers now." Hoseok mentally slapped his self for stuttering.

He swiftly moved toward his arranging section and picked out the right amount of flowers for the bouquet. He looked over at the customer, who's now talking to someone over the phone. He let out a sigh of relief and got back on arranging.

Few moments later, he finished the bouquet. He turned around, ready to call the customer, when he saw it already waiting in front of him.

"Aish, you startled me. Anyways, here's the bouquet. It costs ₩20,000, Sir." He said and wiped his sweating forehead with his sleeves.

The customer just simply nod, and handed him the money. Hoseok bid his goodbye and was about to turn his back when the man whispers on his ear, "Next time, don't drool over your customer. The name's Yoongi, btw. See you soon". He could feel him smirking. Damn, i'm fucked.

Hoseok was stunned. He was frozen on his spot. He snapped back to reality when he heard the sound of his door chimes signifying that the customer has already left.

He felt heat rush up on his face. Is he embarrassed? No. Does he find the man attractive? Maybe, yes. That's when Hoseok realized that the man he saw in front of his shop last night was the same man who made him flustered today — yes, that's him.

Hello! This is your author, cécy! Have you seen the b-side MV? omg, i love how they look so calm and happy 🥺 anyways, sorry for the late update. to my silent readers, hello! stay safe <333