Chapter 17 - L.J

Niki, Hanbin and Jay were invited to have breakfast but none of them seems to be touching their food. None of them are speaking as well.

Niki would poke the meat on his plate with fork as if he's tickling it, or checking out if it's still alive.

Baekho suddenly came out and went to them. He looks like he didn't get much sleep. None of them did. "He stabilized, but I'm afraid he still needs to rest. No visitor for now. He needs help, if he intended to harm himself by jumping. Even if he just meant a little harm, he needs guidance. I'm so sorry but I have called the authorities. Someone has to know. He would get into trouble, yes, but if we don't alarm anyone, he'd be alone on his own. Nobody to lean on and nobody to trust. You might think you're doing best by hiding him and his suicidal tendencies but without an expert to check him out, he's done." Baekho explained to Niki who looked like he's guilty and he's about to cry. He's just a child after all.

"Don't worry, with a little investigation, they can figure out that the arson and the Lee Minsung incidents are separate. Your friend will not get punished by that. I assure you. I also tried to contact his parents, and his father picked up. He said he'd be here." Baekho reassured Niki.

"His father? You mean he'd fly from Australia just to be here?" Hanbin asked with a hint of doubt in his tone.

Baekho felt offended that these children don't have even a pinch of trust in adults. "Of course he'd be here. What father would allow his kid to be suffer alone? Trust me, you'll see soon enough." Baekho seemed confident, so they just decided to trust him.

"If you're done eating, I suggest you go to school while there's still plenty of time. Don't worry, the patient will be fine with me. His father's on the way." Baekho once again tried to reassure them so they can go to school without worries. They're young and innocent. What they need most right now is to study with full focus to nurture their mind with new informations and discoveries, nit things that make them view life and it's cruelty.

"Doc! The boy's father is here." Baekho's maid announced. Hanbin and Niki stood up, anxious to finally meet Jake's father.

They were disappointed when he wasn't what they expected. It was their art teacher that specializes in photography, Kim Taehyung. He isn't Jake's father. What is he doing here, pretending to be his father?

"What the fuck?! Kim Taehyung? What are you doing here?" Baekho asked. So he knows him. "No wonder I thought his voice was familiar. I wasn't talking to his father, I was talking to you." Baekho finally figured it out.

"I'm not sure why he registered my contact as his father either. I'm just here to give you his real parents' contact number." Taehyung handed Baekho a paper with a bunch of contact numbers. "I tried calling them myself but no one would answer me. Maybe if you call them on your number, they'd puck up. They knew my number and aware that I'm a teacher." Taehyung told Baekho.

He glanced at Niki and Hanbin who are looking at him in a confused expression. Then saw Jay. He held his breath move for a closer look as if he's a wild animal at a zoo. He slapped a hand on his mouth in shock. He tried to say something but he choked every time.

Jay couldn't feel more offended in his life. This has to be the first time someone was speechless in his presence. Normally they would share their rude thoughts about him, but this one seemed to have lost his voice.

Why?

Is he that hideous?

"E-Euijin?" He stuttered, then glanced at Baekho. He nodded at Taehyung.

What was that supposed to mean?

"Follow me." Baekho told Taehyung. "Go to school!" He then told the kids and left them there.