23

Violet~

"Violet? " Evander said looking between Archie and Me. I looked at him frozen.

"Evan." My voice barely came out of my throat.

"You here? " He asked surprised.

"I.. I came here to attend this munchkin's birthday party." I said smiling nervously, "His Mom, Daisy, she's my best friend."

"Okay." He said looking at Daisy and me.

"Violet, my arm's good now. I can carry my baby." Daisy said faking a smile.

"Yeah sure." I acted along but my baby had other plans he refused to let me go.

"Haha... My baby loves his Aunt Violet more than me." Daisy said smiling nervously.

"Why don't you go and enjoy the party, Evander." I said smiling.

"I was about to but I saw you and thought to ask you to accompany me for the dinner." 

"Who are you talking with, Evan? " Evander's parents asked walking towards us. Great!

"Mom and Dad, meet Violet Everly." Evander said introducing me to his parents.

"Violet? As in your Violet! " His mom asked looking me wide eyed and he nodded.

"OMG, I can't believe, finally I got a chance to meet you. You are so beautiful." His mom said pulling me into a hug.

"Sorry, my mom's a bit dramatic." Evander apologized.

"Shut up." His mom said, "My son always talks about you, he was very upset when you left him and was searching for you everywhere, finally he found you and I am happy."

"Hello, I am Braxton Arlette, Evander's father." His father said smiling warmly and I smiled back nervously.

"Violet, we are glad to meet you, I hope you both would clear your differences soon." His mom said, "I can't wait for the day to see you both have a cutie pie like him." She said smiling dreamily looking at Archie.

Evander winked at me.

I stood there not knowing what to do, with Archie in my arms playing with my hair unaware of all the tension.

"Violet, It's time to cut the cake." Gabriel said coming to my rescue.

"Yes, we should go and cut the cake." Daisy said hurrying up. "Come on, Archie, come to Momma."

But my baby was not in a mood to leave me, he hugged me tight hiding his face in my crook surprising the Arlette's.

"Seems like, he likes you." Evander's father said smiling.

"Violet, let's go." Daisy said and we turned around to leave.

"Hello, kids. " A familiar loud voice came from behind shocking us.

"Mom." Gabriel and Daisy shrieked in shock seeing Gabriel's mom, Mrs. Theodora Mason.

"Mom, what are you doing here? " Gabriel asked in a shocked whisper.

"What do you mean by What am I doing here? " Mrs.Mason asked, "Just like you all, I too came to attend the party, Sam invited me." She said, while Arlette's looked at us confused.

Sam... I am gonna kill you.

"This is my mother in law." Daisy introduced Mrs. Mason to Arlette's.

"When did you come to Paris from New York, Mom." Gabriel questioned in a hushed whisper.

"I took afternoon flight, Sam arranged tickets for me." Mrs. Mason said reapplying her lipstick, "Aww... He's so cute." She said looking at Archie.