Chapter 16: Finger Slicing

The trip was going so smoothly except for the fact that we had to stop for 15 minutes every morning for Ruby.
I kinda feel sorry for her seventeen, just finished school and pregnant!
But she seems so happy, well so does Sam. They're already discussing names if it's going to be a girl or boy.
"So, what do you think about children in the future?" Christian asks me.
"Maybe one or two, how about you?" I ask.
He smiles and puts an arm around my shoulders, "I thought the same."

It's my turn to cook tonight so decide to make a beef stew. I'm cutting the carrots up when the knife slips and slices my finger open.
"Shit!" I yelp.
I drop the knife and make sure there is no blood on the food before wrapping it up.
"Shit, it hurts!" I whine to myself.
"What hurts?" Winton asks.
I show him my finger and I swear he almost faints, he went that pale.
"FUCK! Christian!" Winton yells.
Christian comes running over, "what's-" he begins before seeing my finger.
"Someone get the first aid kit!" He yells.
Exactly 2 minutes later Zach is running towards us with the first aid kit. I'm now sitting on a log with my hand in Christian's lap.
He carefully brings the cloth back and examines the cut.
"I don't think it'll need stitches but I'll put a band-aid on," He says.
Christian places the band-aid on then kisses my finger.
"There you go, all better."
We did end up having the stew that night, so that was good.

"Wake up!" I hear someone yell.
I slowly open my eyes.
"What?!" I say grumpily.
I never have liked being woken up early in the morning!
"We have to go if we're going to get to the beach today!" Christian says excitedly.
"Whoopy doo," hoping my sarcasm is noticeable.
I get up and get dressed, I was told to have my swimmers on underneath.
I look through my bag and find my red laser cut bikini. I put it on and shrug on my denim shorts and slip a white lace singlet over the top.
I don't bother putting shoes on as I leave the tent.
After everything is put away and placed back into the van, we all jump in and we're off to the beach.