Chapter 22 - Abandoned

(Flashback)

Lee Joon went to Jisook and Euijin's house while they're asleep. He hacked the security cameras and rang the doorbell. It'll be easy to go inside their house since he's pretty much sure that Euijin would welcome him as an old friend who's been missing for a while.

He was right. Euijin let him in but he doesn't feel the same Euijin that Lee Joon knew from High School. He seems observant of him. As expected from Park Euijin. He's too observant.

"How's life?" Lee Joon asked.

"Here, as you can see. I already have my own family." Euijin said, offering some coffee to his old friend. He's been curious how he's been all these years he's been missing.

Of course Euijin can track him down based on the crimes he has committed, but he's more skilled in hiding nowadays.

"Good for you." Lee Joon told Euijin. "I don't even know where Kaeun is. Based on rumors, we had a child." Lee Joon glared at Euijin. "And you knew this. You know Kaeun's carrying a child when you brought me Jin Hyunjong's folder. You knew I wouldn't do it if I discover I have a child. You had to trick me that I have nothing to lose, in order to commit that arson. That I'd be happy to be captured because I have no family." He confronted Euijin.

Of course Euijin knew that he would find out sooner or later. "Jung Jiro threatened me not to quit my job, and keep getting rid of people for him, or he'll slaughter my family." Lee Joon told Euijin, pointing a gun on his head. "Are you happy now? Is this the entertainment that you wanted? I betrayed so many people for you. I lost everything I have ever gained for you. Is it satisfying to watch?" He asked demandingly.

Euijin smiled, doubting that his bestfriend can shoot him on the head. He doesn't even budge or dare to try and snatch the gun.

"You used everyone. You fooled everyone and framed me. I always you you were the devil. How about Jisook, did you even love her at least a bit? Or was it just because of your desire for power?" Lee Joon asked.

"You talk too much for a hitman. You should keep it professionally. Don't you think?" Euijin suggests him.

"By the way, Taecyeon's still waiting for your testimony. Too bad he'd be locked there for life. It's his fault for keeping your secrets. I should've known from the start. I was just a stupid kid who hates the world, and you took advantage of that." He spun his gun on his hand and put it away.

"Nice mansion." Lee Joon said then stormed upstairs.

Lee Joon raced towards the phone, calling Yoongi. "Lee Joon's in my house." It was all he had to say. Yoongi felt responsible that Lee Joon's still on the lose, because he failed tracking him down a few times. Of course he's desperate to capture him.

Lee Joon on the other hand went towards the nursery only to see Jisook on the rocking chair asleep and the baby in his crib. Lee Joon took it and  exited at the roof.

He used the fire exit and climbed down, escaping the mansion to his car. He carried the baby on one hand while driving to his hideout. It was at the center of the forest on a tree house where he's been keeping a lot of his murder weapons. Usually they're just a bunch of matches and lighter and a few unregistered guns.

It's where he hides his money as well. Whether he really has a child with Kaeun or not, he will still give her all the money he earned murdering people. That way, he didn't stain his soul for nothing.

The baby started crying as he sat on the floor of the tree house. "Shut up!" Lee Joon yelled at him, making him cry louder.

Lee Joon grabbed a water bottle and drank from it, before dialing Jung Jiro's number.