XVI

22 BBYJedi Temple, Coruscant

22 BBY
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

The two Jedi star-fighters flew through the sky, descending towards the landing platform in the Jedi Temple. The automatic hanger doors slowly opened for the ships to fly through and land, as the engineers and protocol droids quickly moved out of the way so they would not be hit by the landing ships.

Plo Koon's navy blue-striped star-fighter landed on the hanger ground, off to the side to avoid the ship from becoming an obstruction to the workers in the hanger. Jaika's sapphire striped fighter with silver linings, touched down onto the ground a few feet away from her Master's.

Once Jaika's ship powered down, the girl took off the metallic gold head set that she was required to wear while in flight. Gently stowing the headpiece into a small compartment to the side of her seat, the girl rubbed her head as a small headache started to bloom from the headset she wore. 

Reaching her hand down, the girl pulled a lever which opened the hatch to the cockpit, making the glass window lift up, allowing Jaika to finally breathe in the polluted air that filled the hanger. Master Plo also did the same, as he jumped out of his ship and onto the black glossy flooring of the hanger. Jaika quickly followed, climbing out of the cockpit and gently creeping down the wing of her star-fighter before placing her weight onto the hanger flooring.

Turning to her Master who was seemingly lost in thought, the girl smirked towards him. "That didn't go as planned, did it?" Jaika's satirical voice called out, gaining her Master's attention who looked down at her with a slightly disapproving expression.

"No, but at least we know what his plans are." Master Plo replied, trying to stay positive as their mission had failed. Their intention was to find Nute Gunray and capture him before bringing him back to the Jedi Council for questioning. They did find him, so they didn't exactly fail. Though the Viceroy did have a battalion of battle droids which the two Jedi had to fight off, as the Viceroy was prepared for the Republic to come and find him. While they fought the droids, Gunray revealed his plans to the two Jedi, thinking that the Master and Apprentice would perish from the wrath of B-1 droids. To their fortune, they managed to over-power them and escaped with a few scratches. 

"Yes, that was a really bad decision of his, revealing his almighty plan to a foe." Jaika expressed, as she recalled the Viceroy's rather dense action while they were in the depth of fighting the rather annoyingly expressive droids. 

"You will always find that your opponent would not be as smart as you are." Plo Koon shared, making Jaika nod as she had experienced that first-hand now. Hopefully all high-rank politicians in the Separatist Alliance are like him, so then there would be hope that the Republic could defeat them and avoid a much larger conflict, such as war; Jaika thought to herself, before her thoughts were interrupted when a chain of distressed beeps echoed through her ears.

Turning on her heel, the girl looked back at her star-fighter where her C1 droid was still sat in its compartment, wobbling around as Jaika had not freed the lock on the droid. "Okay, okay I'm sorry. Stop being so dramatic." The girl responded to the droid, before reaching over to unlock the mechanism, freeing her droid who flew out of the ship. Jaika usually wouldn't use the lock mechanism on her droid, but seeing as the last mission she went on her C1 droid flew out of the ship because they were in a bad mood, and almost endangered the mission; Jaika thought it was a good idea to lock him in the ship to make sure they would not do that again.