26: Mystery of Love

Mystery of Love Song by Sufjan Stevens

Mystery of Love
Song by Sufjan Stevens

Derek took my hand in his and guided me to the dance floor. He stopped when we are in the centre, he takes me by my waist and holds my hand firmly with this other hand.

Oh, to see without my eyes

"There's something so beautiful in your eyes, Ashley," he says as we start to dance slowly.

The first time that you kissed me

"Really? What?" I blush.

Boundless by the time I cried

"My reflection," he says, in a serious tone.

I built your walls around me

I hit him on his arm and he chuckles.

White noise, what an awful sound

"Sorry, but seriously, you look beautiful tonight," Derek says.

Fumbling by Rogue River

"Thanks," I smile at him.

Feel my feet above the ground

"That's a very interesting necklace you're wearing, it's funny how it doesn't match with the rest of your outfit when everything else you're wearing is coordinated. Not to mention the fact that you're the only girl in the room who still has a necklace on her neck," Derek says.

Hand of God, deliver me

I touch my necklace, trying to hide it somehow, like that's even possible and smile nervously.

The first time that you touched me

"The fact that you don't want me to see it confirms it further that it's a gift from someone," he says.

Oh, will wonders ever cease?

"Wow, someone is watching 'Detective Conan' religiously," I say and he chuckles.

Blessed be the mystery of love

"So now, you have a Meowth in your room and his necklace on your neck, must feel great to be me," Derek says and smiles, rather sarcastically.

Lord, I no longer believe

"You have my initial on your neck," I say, "And how did you know that Ridge gave me the Meowth?"

Drowned in living waters

"You have a pokemon in your room at about the same time Ridge has a pink one in his room, I did the math. I may choose to ignore it, but that doesn't mean I don't see things, Ashley," he quirks an eyebrow.

Cursed by the love that I received

"I don't intend to hide anything from you," I say.

From my brother's daughter