The nurses office

Song: greasy spoon, Sam Fender

Louis and Harry sprinted through the door out into the hallway. They could hear whoever had walked into the kitchen was shouting for them to stop, but it's not like they were willing to get caught.

Louis couldn't help but laugh as he ran, a wide smile on his face as adrenaline pumped through his veins. He hadn't had this much fun in years, sneaking around, running, chasing, breaking the rules. It made him feel his age for once, a 16 year old boy getting up to no good rather than a disciplined teen with too many boundaries.

Harry smiled at the sound of Louis' laughter. He didn't get to hear it often, as the boy always seemed to be closed off and mature, so it was nice to see him let loose a little and do something without the fear of getting told off.

The fun was over when they came to a sudden halt in front of Professor Filch, who stood looking at them with an unamused expression and his arms crossed over his chest.

"What're you two doing out of bed?" He asked the panting boys, out of breath from running.

Louis and Harry looked at one another for a silent moment, before Louis whipped his head back at their headmaster. "It was Harry's idea"

Harry dropped his mouth open and his brows pinched together whilst Louis shrugged at him. He didn't mean to say it, it just slipped out amidst his panic.

"Louis was hungry because he hadn't had any lunch or dinner. He was in pain sir, so I offered to get him some food" Harry explained with a hopeful expression.

"You know the rules. If that's true then Louis should have known better than to skip meals" Filch said with a bored voice, giving Louis a pointed look.

"I wasn't hungry earlier on, it only hit me when I returned to my room. By then it was too late to get any dinner" Louis said desperately, not wanting to get into any more trouble in fear that his father would find out.

"Well what did you expect? If you don't eat for hours of course you're going to be hungry" Filch replied.

"I don't know, it was just a mistake. It won't happen again" Louis said, slightly irritated.

"It better not, next time it'll be a detention" He warned them. "Next time Harry, don't get involved" Harry lowered his head, looking at the floor. "Now go back to your rooms and get to sleep"

"Yes sir" Harry said, and Louis nodded to the man before the two made their way to the staircase.

"I knew we'd get caught" Louis mumbled as they walked up the stairs.

"You should've eaten then" Harry rolled his eyes. "We didn't even get punishment so it's not all bad"

"Still, I'm sure he hates me by this point. I've gotten into more trouble than anyone" Louis sighed.