Mr. Rockstar chapter 14 (edited)

Chapter 14* 

December 2010 

"Hi, welcome to Hot Topic. All fleece and denim is 40% off and accessories are buy one get one half off. All Nightmare Before Christmas products are half off," I said to a group of teenagers who walked in. I don't know why I call them teenagers since we were around the same age. 

One of the girls who were in the group looked up from her cell phone at the sound of my voice. She looked like she knew me and was shocked to see me here. 

"Alexandria Night?" she asked, her voice apprehensive. 

The fake smile slipped from my face. "Uh, yeah," I answered. I hated it when people called me by my real name. 

"Oh my gosh, I never expected to see you again," she said. I was still confused and completely lost. 

"Um, I'd like to say the same, but I don't remember you," I told her honestly. If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a very blunt and brutally honest person. 

The girl rolled her eyes. "We went to school together back in Ohio," she said like it should've been obvious. "We had almost every class together from kindergarten to when you left. If it helps, my name's Corey." 

I searched the archives of my brain for the name 'Corey'. Nothing really came up except for small blips like the things you see on a radar sometimes. So, there was definitely the memories there, I just had to uncover the whole thing. 

Finally, I unearthed it, the memories of Corey, the quiet pretty girl who never talked much but always seemed to have a fun personality when you brought it out of her. She was really smart, as I recall, also. I just never remembered her being emo or 'dark' in any sense of the word. She definitely fit that description now. 

Her dark, shoulder length hair was bleached in places along her top layer, the rest painted with stripes of random colors. Her Bring Me The Horizon t-shirt clung to her slim body, the same with her black skinny jeans. Her black Vans were written on with silver Sharpie, signatures from bands. I recognized Oli Sykes, Ronnie Radke, and Max Green. All people I had met at some point or another while on tour with the guys. 

"Right, I remember now," I told her, nodding. "You were always quiet and didn't really have a lot of friends. When did you move to California?" 

"A few months ago," she told me, moving with me to where I went to fix a rack of clothing. 

"That's cool, I never expected to see anyone from Cincinnati again," I told her. 

She took a second to look over me. My Sex Pistols band tee, ripped black skinny jeans with an elastic waist for my ever growing tummy, all black Converse, black, green and orange hair, bright green eyes, and my growing collection of tattoos. I had recently added a black and white portrait of my grandparents on the calf of my left leg, which she couldn't see, and a quote that I loved on the left line of my collar bone. It said 'We'll Brave This Storm' in jagged gothic letters. It hurt like a mother to get, but I loved it. 

"You've become more eccentric with your style," she commented. 

I rolled by eyes. "Yeah, well, so have you," I retorted. 

I stood on my tiptoes to fix one of the t-shirt displays that had gone crooked somehow. In the process, my shirt had lifted up, revealing my skin tight black camisole underneath. You could see every curve of my body with it on, especially my stomach. I don't know how you didn't realize I was pregnant yet. It was very obvious since my stomach was the size of a large cantaloup, not yet a watermelon. The babies had grown a lot over the past three weeks. Their growth was speeding up significantly.