-46-

CHAPTER 46 | HUNTERS

"Why are we not chasing after them," John asks his older brother as he begins to pace while the rest of the group exchange amongst themselves, "we could have had an alpha too."

"And that is why I'm the leader," Eric glances over at his younger brother with dark, cold eyes, "he's not an alpha, he is still too young and probably hasn't awakened his true eyes yet."

"But-"

"Are you questioning how I run things," Eric slowly turn to face his brother and the rest of his group, they all stayed silent waiting for him to continue, "if were to attack, I'm confident the white wolf would have taken us out easily,"

John apologizes for his quick outburst against his brother's actions and quickly learns he was out of line. The other group members stayed quiet, knowing it wouldn't be a good idea to get involved when the two brothers were arguing. They knew their place was to hunt and follow orders and nothing else.

"What she says is true about that boy being the white wolf, we can get him along with a lot more," John went on to explain, his mind looking at the bigger picture than just getting a future alpha, "we will be the first hunters to do so, we will be a beacon for future hunters.

"How can you trust her," another member of the group question, curious to know why Eric trusted her, "She's one of them after all."

"Because she and I want the same thing," a faint smile formed at Eric' thin lips, "Tasha wants to see this pack fall just as much as we do. She knows the pack territory better than we do. Not too many wolves would like to take down an entire pack, and over the years, I heard a lot about this pack."

"I don't care what we have to do, as long as I'm getting paid," said another hunter as he lends against a tree, looking at his handgun.

"Don't worry, you all will get paid," Eric went on to say with a smirk, "I think it's time for my son to join in."

"Are you sure he will help. He has a thing for that wolf."

"Once he knows the truth, I'm sure he'll be more than willing to help," Eric told his brother as he headed back the way they came, "Let's go, we have some planning to do."

I know this chapter is very short but, it is very important

I know this chapter is very short but, it is very important. The real drama is about to begin!

Anyways,

I hope you enjoyed this small chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh