Prologue | maeve gets a letter. and hurt.

------------------------> WHEN MAEVE MACMILLAN HAD BEEN FIVE, she was attacked by a dark creature

------------------------> WHEN MAEVE MACMILLAN HAD BEEN FIVE, she was attacked by a dark creature. She doesn't remember the incident at all --the healers told her that her brain was suppressing that memory on purpose-- but her parents certainly did.

Her family had taken a trip to Egypt and they were all in the process of buying new clothes there at a local market when Maeve had tried to touch a pretty, black scarf only for it to turn out to be a lethifold. Luckily, the lethifold had managed to glide onto her skin for only a second before her parents had simultaneously released hell upon it by the method of a Patronus Charm and thus, making her the second known magic-blessed person to ever survive a lethifold attack, the first being Flavius Belby.

However, injuries made by dark creatures tended to be permanent, and the four-inch darkened patch of skin on her right wrist was proof of this fact.

She had fallen unconscious soon after the attack and her parents had wasted no time in rushing her to the best hospital that money could buy where her wounds had been cleaned and she had been subjected to a full-body check-up.

Maeve had woken up two days after the incident to the faces of her crying but relieved parents who wouldn't stop hugging and kissing their daughter for the next few hours. Even the memory of her being in the hospital was a tad blurry, but what she did remember clearly was a note that she had been clutching in her hands when she had initially awoken that simply read,

I'm sorry this has happened to you. I'm rooting for you to make a quick recovery. Love, A.

Her parents had no clue over the origin of this note, but to Maeve, for some reason, these simple words of a stranger filled her with motivation, happiness and determination.

Perhaps this was the reason she chose to write small, simple, anonymous notes to those boys and girls who were either sad or having a bad day because she too wished to bring such positive emotions to those that so desperately needed or craved for it and who longed to be fine.

It was okay to not be okay.

Sometimes, people needed to be reminded of that.