38 - Dolores Umbridge

"Strong words for you (y/n)." Fred smirked as he ate. 

"She is though, just look at the woman!" 

"He's right, very strong words!" Peeves flew down towards the Gryffindor table. 

"How long has she been here Peeves?" You asked. 

"About... well... I dunno. I'm not a clock!" The ghost howled with laughter at his own joke. 

"How helpful," Hermione muttered. Peeves just laughed again and soared away to another table to annoy even more students. 

"She can't have been here that long." You glanced back up to the table to see your Mum and Snape giving her another dirty look.

"She was at my hearing." Harry spoke up. "She was in favour of me getting expelled from Hogwarts." 

"See Fred! I told you!" 

"Even so, why would the Ministry want to take over Hogwarts?" Harry asked. 

"Maybe because Voldemort is seen here every year." Lee said. 

"The Ministry doesn't even believe he's back though." You added. "Do you think we'll see Percy here anytime soon?" 

"Not bloody likely." Ron replied as he shoved a spoonful of cake in his mouth. 

"I might write to him." 

"Yeah that'll end well." George said. 

"What else can we do?" You shot back. "I might be able to make him see sense." 

"(y/n) has a point, if there's anyone he'll listen to out of us it'll be her." Fred tried to reason.

"I agree." Ron added. 

"I'll write to him in the next few days." 

---

You and the boys had walked into the common room where you were met with the familiar faces of your class mates. "(y/n)!" Alicia dashed over to you and flung her arms around your neck. 

"Bloody hell Alicia." You chuckled at the girl as she pulled back. 

"I've been so worried about you!" 

"Me? Why?" 

"What happened last year with Barty!" The day Cedric died you were crying in your bed when Alicia heard you and came over to comfort you. Without the twins or Lee being there you broke down and told her everything. You could definitely trust her, she'd always been close to you and the other girls in your year. 

"Oh Alicia, he's no more. I'm okay I promise you." 

"You didn't return my letters, I thought you'd died!" You smiled at her words. 

"I left to go see the twins, it was a last minute thing I'm sorry I would have told you. Snape took me to see them - what the bloody hell are they doing?" You now turned your attention to Fred and George pinning up a sign to the notice board. You and Alicia both exchanged confused gazes and walked up to the two boys. You looked up at the large sign and read it aloud. 

"GALLEONS OF GALLEONS! Pocket money falling to keep pace with your outgoings? Like to earn a little extra GOLD? Contact Fred and George Weasley, Gryffindor common room for SIMPLE, PART-TIME VIRTUALLY PAINLESS jobs. (We regret that ALL work is undertaken at applicants own risk.)" 

"So in other words you're paying people to be your lab rats?" You questioned. 

"You could always apply." Fred smirked at you.