Chapter 1 | maeve observes. and writes.

-----------------> MAEVE MACMILLAN HAD ALWAYS BEEN OBSERVANT

A trait, which she knew, was very important in journalism.

So where others saw a rude boy who was bumping shoulders against them in the corridor of the Hogwarts Express, Maeve could see the tears that burnt brightly behind his forest coloured eyes as he tried his very best to conceal them with a mask of arrogance on his face.

It was because of this blessing of hers that caused a small frown to grace her face as she quickly made her way into her compartment after returning from the Prefect's meeting before pulling out a piece of parchment and a quill and writing a message in all capital letters.

I know it's been a bad day, but you survived and isn't that great? Look on the bright side: Tomorrow is a new day and today will never happen again. You can do it. Good luck!

Love,

Somebody.

And in her diary, she made a little scribble to remind her to ask Giggy the House Elf to give this note to the Ravenclaw boy with dark hair and green eyes before sighing and looking out the window where she could see the sight of the trees swaying in the wind, dancing and waving its branches at her, causing a soft smile to grow on her face as her mind began to automatically construct a story about trees and the wind, prompting her to immediately flip to a new page in her diary and write it down.

Maeve had always found solace in writing, whether it be writing her thoughts in her diary, short stories in a journal, articles for newspapers, essays for homework, letters to her parents, simple reminders on her hand, quotes on parchment to stick on the walls of her room or even those notes that she would write to people who she thought needed to know that somebody was rooting for them in their dark and difficult times.

Her parents had been quick to notice her interest and talent in this art and had purchased a large share in The Daily Prophet newspapers to get her a weekly column where she could write and publish when she had been a mere nine years of age.

At first, the journalists and editors of this newspaper had been thoroughly against this, only tolerating the idea due to the majority shares owned by her parents, but soon, her column became incredibly, increasingly popular. So much so, that it led to the editor to assure her with a big smile on his face that she had a job waiting for her at the Daily Prophet as soon as she finished her education at Hogwarts.

The contents of her column itself were rather random and had a tendency to differ based on her mood. Sometimes, she wrote and published short stories, funny incidents, absurd history facts and even poetry, and honestly, whatever tickled her fancy. Other times, she wrote articles on the cruelties of the world, Hogwarts, the laws passed by the Wizengamot and other such 'real' matters, providing a different perspective on those events and policies.