chapter 29

Andrea's pov:

It's been three days since the incident. Gabriel was able to get out of jail on a bail, since he had no criminal record it was useless to keep him more than 24 hours. Sadly things didn't stop there, bailey got the press included and had an interview where she cried and whined about how horrible the experience was. Now, all the net is talking about a businessman using his wealth to abuse innocent girls?

And let me tell you, I have never hated the question mark as much as I hate it now, most of the headlines include the question mark to make it seem like it's just a theory but people never see it that way.

As a result, Gabriel's reputation is thrown to the ground accompanied by years of hard work on the company. We're losing customers like never before and we can't go out without people giving us nasty looks.

"We can't sit back and watch her ruin everything we've worked for," I tell Gabriel who's sitting on the couch beside me, in my house because he can't get to his penthouse peacefully.

He sighs and sinks deeper into the couch, "what do you want me to do? Go out and tell them she's lying, it's not like they'll believe me," He objects as if he has given up before even trying.

I sit back and think about all of this. Her father used to abuse her, maybe that left a shock in her that made her sick in the head. Or maybe, "she said her father used to abuse her. Maybe she was lying about that too," I conclude and look at him with excitement, we might be finding a clue, "do you remember how heated she got when I caught her talking with her dad?"

He faces me and looks up then to the left as if going deep through his memories, "when I went to beat him up he said something in the lines of 'you'll regret this or she'll ruin your life'. I can't remember exactly what he said but when I think of it now it seemed like a warning more than a threat,"

I stand up excited and head to the room to change, "where are you going?" He asks following me. I forgot to tell him the plan, wow.

"I'll go talk with her dad maybe he'll testify against her if she was lying," I inform and decline his offer to come before he says it.

"You're not coming paparazzi are everywhere, I can manage on myself," I confirm. The whole time he kept watching me get ready and once I was done he comes closer and kisses me while putting his hands on my hips. We break the kiss and he rests his forehead against mine, "be careful and call me if anything happens," He breaths.

I drive to Bailey's old apartment where she used to live with her dad. Since I've been there before I didn't need the address again, I park near the entrance, look up to the building and take a deep breath, I hope this whole drive doesn't go to waste.

Gabriel told me what number the apartment is, so the moment I find it I knock on the door and wait for it to swing open.

"Hello, how can I help you?" Says a guy that looks in his mid-twenties, Bailey's father looks young wow.

"Mr. Smith?" I ask, I'm acting stupid right now obviously it's not him but the look on the guy's face deserved the try, I think he's one of those guys that think all the girls are after them.

"No? The man you're looking for moved out a few months ago," He answers politely then a smirk takes place, "but you can come in and we'll see if we can find Mr smith together,"

Is that supposed to be flirting, I don't know I'm confused, "so you're telling me you can find him," I note, which makes him look at me confused, "no that's not..."

Before he finishes talking I say "thanks for the help." and close his door, I shake my head in disappointment and murmur, "kids!"

I drive back home empty-handed, I would lie if I say I'm not disappointed. While on the way back home, my phone rings. I pick up and put it on speaker to hear Ashley's voice talking. "Hey Andrea, a man called your office number,"