Chapter 63: I Forgive You

October 14th. It was the first few hours of that day when Sairokaku was defeated and arrested. Shinsou and Mr Aizawa were on their way back to the Yaoyorozu manor, quietly celebrating one final victory.

Mr Aizawa had a key, as did almost all of the residents, and unlocked the large doors. They both stepped inside, fumbling around in the dark, refusing to turn the lights on as they may wake someone up. It would be pretty awkward to explain the situation to anyone, especially... Her.

Mr Aizawa and Shinsou made their way to the kitchen to have a cup of tea and settle down. However, after sneaking around inside the mansion and getting to the kitchen, the kitchen light suddenly switched on. Misaki stood there in the doorway with her arms crossed.

They both stood there, frozen from fear after locking eyes with Shinsou's mother, her own were scowling and full of fury. No man can survive a mother's wrath. Quietly, but very sharply, she asked, "Where were you two tonight?"

"Oh hey mom. How long have you been standing there?" He asked, desperately trying to avoid the question as his heart started beating faster.

"You didn't think you'd get away with it, did you?" She asked, her foot beginning to tap a little as she stood upright, staring at them both intensely. It was like there was a fierce aura surrounding her.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Is it really so suspicious that a boy and his teacher snook out late at night without anyone knowing?" Mr Aizawa tried to reason, but to no avail.

"Shota, tell me where I work again." She began her interrogation.

"At Kanemoto Hospital, right?" Mr Aizawa answered.

She nodded, and then asked, "And where was that villain base that was raided tonight? Was it on the way there by any chance? In that general area?"

It was then that they both pieced it together. Misaki had driven either to or from work at the time the raid was going on, or finishing. Likely finishing. And even if she didn't see them, which she probably didn't, it was obvious when they arrived home that they had been a part of it.

"Allow me to explain-" Mr Aizawa started before Misaki cut him off.

"I've been worried about you two, you first of all for still doing hero work despite the fact that it's about to be banned, but second of all when I realised Hitoshi wasn't home either! How could you drag him along? He doesn't even have a license!"

"I made him do it. " Shinsou said, trying to get Mr Aizawa off the hook.

Mr Aizawa facepalmed as Misaki stared at the boy with a confused look on her face. "You... Made Shota bring you? You're sixteen, surely you have enough brain power to come up with a better lie than that right?"

"Misaki, it's fine. We got him. We did it, everyone is safe, there's no trouble." Mr Aizawa said, trying to get her into a calmer state of mind. It turns out that wasn't his strong suit.

"It's fine? You brought my child out to what I'm assuming was a dangerous situation and because no one got hurt that it's fine? I don't know all the details and I honestly don't want to. You ever bring my child into something like this again without my consent and you'll have something much more dangerous than a villain to worry about." Misaki said, absolutely fuming.

Shinsou tried to calm her down next, "Mom, this is what I've wanted to do for years, I finally got to do it. You let me go to U.A. so I could become a hero. Sure it didn't work out that way, but you still knew it's what I wanted to do, and you let me go right? I've accomplished my goal, shouldn't you be happy?"

She narrowed her eyes at him for a moment before sighing. "It's not that I don't want you to accomplish your dreams Hitoshi. But times are changing, and we have to too. And come on, is it really too much to ask to at least know what's going on? The worst part about all this is that it was done behind my back. If you're ever even considering doing something like this again, you will come to me first and you better pray I'm in a good mood. Do I make myself clear?"