Chapter 5: Fainting

After that they went to the cinema and the park, and without them noticing, it had grown dark and they had to go back.

Gulf was exhausted, he was also starving. That meal did nothing for him, since he only ate a spoonful of it, and he had nothing else the whole day. He simply lay curled in the car waiting for Mew to drop him off home.

Mew's phone ringed and he picked it up. His voice had quickly turned soft and gentle.

"Yes...of course....right....I'll come pick you up right now....ok...bye."

"Sorry Gulf, I'll have to drop you off at the bus station. Art just called. I need to go pick him up." Mew informed him.

Gulf had no idea who "Art" was, after all Mew had just assumed he would know. But Gulf could hazard a guess that it was probably his lover.

"What about that man following us?" Asked Gulf.

" He stopped following us after we left the park."

"Right." Gulf tried to remember but he was too exhausted to care at this point. His stomach was churning and squeezing painfully, and he just wanted to go home and have something to eat.

Mew dropped Gulf at the next bus station. Mew held out some money towards Gulf, but Gulf simply shook his head.

"You paid for the food." Was Gulf's simple explanation as he hopped out of the car.

"But-" Mew had no time to speak as Gulf had already closed the car's door on the begining of his sentence.

Gulf looked exhausted and a primal instinct in Mew told him not to leave the boy, but Gulf had quickly turned and walked away. He couldn't stop the car there for much longer, so he buried his gut feeling and drove his car to meet Art. His mind wandering back to Gulf multiple times throughout the night.

Gulf felt weak all over but he stood waiting for the bus leaning against the light pole. He didn't know how long he waited, but after a while he heard a couple wait beside him. Their chattering low and private.

When the bus had come to a stop, Gulf looked up and moved towards it. But suddenly he was assaulted by this sickening feeling. He felt himself almost punched in the stomach. The air left his lungs. Slowly the world began to darken and he couldn't hear what the couple were saying to him as he swayed on his feet.

Gulf woke up to hammering in his ears and throbbing pain in his head. He saw the faces of people hovering above him.

" How are you feeling Mr.kanawut?" Asked the nurse.

"I'm..." Gulf's throat was too dry and after the nurse helped him sip on a bit of water he told her he was fine.

"Your parents are outside with the doctor." Explained the nurse.

"My parents!" Gulf almost shouted.

"Don't worry ....I'll go call them."

Gulf could do nothing but sigh into the palm of his hands.

He went and did it, got his parents all worried because his body couldn't deal with a little bit of hunger.......or maybe alot of hunger.......and he had been busy the past couple of days, not to mention the stress of this whole "Mew's fake boyfriend" thing.

They had all weighted down on him. He had pushed himself too hard. Now he had added to his parents troubles...when they themselves were so busy with so many different things. 

" Gulf!" His mom shouted as she rushed at him throwing her hands around him in a tight hug.

Gulf hugged her back, enjoying her warmth.