Chapter 31

A/N: Okay, so, just to be safe:
*Locks every door and window from the house* 
Okay, proceed my lovely readers!

~Purple Dragon

🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾

Myra's heart was pounding against her chest from the way Jay was touching her. One hand tightly around her waist, pressing her close against him and the other so tender while his fingers caressed her cheek. It made her skin tingle, not the painful kind she felt in her shoulder from the wound, but the exciting kind that she couldn't get enough of.
     Her own arms were wrapped loosely around Jay's neck. Her fingers had found his hair, it was softer than she remembered, but then again so many things about him were different than she remembered. Especially this close she noticed he was cleaner, on the Isle he always smelled like a combination of sweat, dirt and black peppers. It was a weird combination, but she loved it. Because it was him. Now he smelled different, the black pepper smell was still there, together with a slightly sweeter smell- probably something fancy like soap or deodorant that they didn't have on the Isle- still, despite of the changes she liked how he smelled. Because it was still him
     Jay's eyes were locked on hers, even as he leaned closer to her he didn't look away. Myra didn't want him to, those beautiful dark brown eyes. In the dark they had always looked entirely black, only now, while they reflected the light that reached through the window, they reminded her of a dark piece of amber, softly glistening in the sunlight.
     But then his eyes closed, and hers followed, they were so close to each other she could feel his warm breath mingle with hers. Myra hated how slow they moved closer, she wanted to grab his neck and pull him against her, to feel his lips crash against hers and-
     Three knocks on the door made both of them freeze. Jay let out a deep, annoyed sigh. His hand fell away from Myra's face as he threw his head back, rolling his eyes. "You got to be kidding me." He hadn't ment to say those words out loud but they came out as a soft mumble anyway. Myra let her hands slide down to his chest, where she leaned against with her forehead, letting out a long, annoyed growl. 
     There was no further time to recover, because the door opened. Myra and Jay shot away from each other. Neither of them knowing why they even cared about not being seen touching, but Myra had the feeling it had nothing to do with not wanting to be seen. She herself felt her cheeks starting to heat up a little and she dreaded the idea that she had started to blush. 
     "Bibbidi-bobbidi- hello!" The weird greeting got Myra to turn her attention to the person in the doorway for the first time. It was a woman in a light blue, tight dress which reached until her knees, she was probably in her late forties and a little bigger than the average woman. She had short, brown hair and a big smile on her lips. 
     "Hey..." Myra responded a bit skeptical. She didn't know what to make of the woman's greeting, was that a normal way to greet people in Auradon?
     The brunette woman's eyes switched a few times between the two on the bed, "Am I... interrupted something?" She whispered the last two words, confusing Myra, they were the only people in the room, why was she whispering?
     "No, of course not." Myra answered, sarcasm dripping of her words. "Why would you even think that?"
     The big smile returned to the woman's face, she had clearly missed Myra's sarcasm or had chosen to ignore it. As she walked closer to her, Myra could hear the clatter of her heels on the stone floor. She walked a bit weird as well, it reminded her of the way a duck might walk. Than she realized it probably was because of the heels and dress combination, making Myra wonder why someone would wear those at the same time. "It's good to see you with your eyes open for the first time!" Her voice was very up beat and happy, almost sounding fake to Myra. "Ow, wow. You really have beautiful eyes." 
     "Um... thanks..." The blonde really didn't know what to do with this person. "But, um... who are you?" 
     "Ow! Silly me." The brunette's smile turned into a chuckle. "I am Fairy Godmother. I am the headmistress of Auradon Prep and Jane's mother." 
     Something clicked in Myra's mind. Now she knew she saw the resemblance to her daughter. The color of their hair and the form of their faces. It even seemed like both of them had taken a liking to the light blue color. Something the villain kids seemed to have in common with the Auradon kids, both of them tended to copy their color schemes from their parents in some way. Even Myra had chosen to wear green and brown like her father often had, even though the Pied Piper always had worn every single color he could get his hands on.
     Without waiting for a response, Fairy Godmother continued. "So, how are you feeling, darling?" The woman moved a little closer, which got Myra to move away instinctively. She had never liked adults much, and this woman seemed to be just a little too happy. 
     "I'm fine." The girl said, protectively taking Lunch- who had been laying on the bed beside her- and placing him on her left shoulder. 
     Fairy Godmother of course noticed the hostility that Myra held against her, so she took a step back and for the first time the woman's smile faltered a little.
     Jay had noticed this as well and softly lay his hand on Myra's. "It's okay," he whispered in her ear so Fairy Godmother couldn't hear him. "She wants to help you." Myra frowned as she glanced at Jay, who gave her an encouraging look. Not trusting the woman but trusting Jay's word, Myra let out a sigh and turned her gaze back to Fairy Godmother. 
     "Actually..." She started carefully. "My shoulder hurts pretty bad." 
      A sympathetic look came in the Fairy's eyes as she shot Myra a smile. "Magical lightning will do that to you." She said sweetly. "But don't worry, our doctor went out and got you just the right thing that should help with that." The bright smile returned to her lips as she turned to the door. "Ah! Just in time, there he is. Welcome back, doctor!" 
     Myra tried to follow the brunette's gaze to the door but no one came walking through it. She was just about to question the woman's sanity when something small and red jumped on the end of her bed. Startled, Myra jumped back against the headboard. She could hear Jay holding in his laughter as she bumped into him. She shot him a glare before returning her gaze to the creature that had just appeared. Gil hadn't been lying. The doctor really was a lizard. An actual lizard. It had red and light pink stripes all over it's body, from the point of it's tail until his broad snout, where little, round glasses stood on the bridge. A yellow hat was placed on top of his head. It vaguely reminded Myra of an witch's head with the floppy brim and the golden belt buckle at the front that held a black band bound to the crown. Over the lizard's shoulder hang a bag in just the same color as the hat. 
     There was a conversation going on between the lizard and Fairy Godmother, but Myra wasn't listening, she just stared at the creature in shock until she turned to Jay, who had been studying her reaction with a slightly amused smile on his lips. "Jay." She whispered with a hint of distress. "It's a lizard. It's a talking lizard." 
     "Yes, he is." Jay responded, trying his best not to start laughing. 
     "I could deal with the talking dog, but, Jay, the talking lizard is a doctor." 
     "I know. You should see his friend. He's even weirder." 
     Myra looked at her friend with a confused expression, but before she could ask anything, the lizard addressed her. "So, t- t- this is the pati-tient?" The creature seemed to talk with a stutter, but Myra tried to ignore it. "Al-l-low me to introduce myself. I am Doctor Croc, scholar, ph- ph- philosopher and fi-" The lizard cut himself off by sneezing. After the second sneeze, Doc Croc started talking again. "Excuse me, I- I'm allergic to ra-"
     "Yeah, yeah." Another voice interrupted the lizard, "she doesn't want to hear all that, Crocy." Myra couldn't find the source of the voice until something small and blue climbed onto her bed as well. Again Myra's body stiffened and this time, she grabbed Jay's arm, her eyes not leaving the blue creature that was dusting off it's legs.
     "That's it." She mumbled, again Jay was the only one to hear her. "I must still be unconscious. This is a dream, right?"
     This made Jay chuckle as he shook his head almost unnoticeable. "You are awake, Mee."
     Myra swallowed, nodding her head, trying to make sense of it all. She assumed this new creature wasn't a lizard seeing it's body was entirely covered in blue fur. Just like Doc Croc, he was standing straight on two legs. His face was pointy with a black snout as nose. It was difficult for Myra to identify what kind of animal he was, some kind of mutated dog, maybe? 
     Just like his companion, the creature was wearing only one piece of clothing, it was a red cap that ended in two points, both with one golden bell attached to it. The cap itself was attached to a piece of red cloth that appeared to be a very big collar. It fell over the creatures shoulders and the top part of his back and chest.
     "I am Yoyo," The blue animal introduced himself, making a small bow to Myra. "The greatest adventurer since- well, ever!" Myra tried to keep in her laugh, this was just ridiculous. She knew Auradon would be a strange place, but talking, mutated animals? That's just too weird, even for her. And her best friend was a rat. Maybe not a talking rat, but still.
     It took a moment for her to realize Yoyo had stuck out his hand for her to take and after a short hesitation Myra softly took the animal's hand in hers. "I'm Myra, that's it. No fancy titles to add." Instead of shaking her hand, Yoyo placed a kiss on top of it. The young woman tried her best not to pull away or shoot him an ugly glare. She knew that would be seen as rude, so instead she let him. His blue hair brushed her skin, it tickled. 
     "Well, I w-wouldn't s-s-say that." Croc said. "You ju-jumped in fr-ont of your friend to pro-tect her. That's a real hero in my book." 
     Myra scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Okay then, I'm Mirabella, the girl who got herself struck by lightning." 
     "Crocy is right, you know." Yoyo chimed in, sitting down on the bed with crossed legs. "You are a hero." The girl didn't agree with them, on the contrary, but she didn't feel like starting a discussion where most people would just try to compliment her, so she kept quiet. 
     "Fairy G-G-Godmother," the lizard addressed the woman. "Would y-you be so kind?"
     "Of course." The woman answered, seemingly needing no more explanation for what Doc Croc needed her help with. She just reached in her dress and pulled out her wand. Myra froze, her eyes fixated on the wand. It was an ivory white and sparkling, at the bottom it had a blue stone shaped like a heart, encircled by a layer of gold. The gold spread over the wand, wrapping around it in a spiral, stopping before it reached the tip. Just above the grip there was another blue stone, this one was in form of an orb, forming a miniature carriage with golden wheels.
     This was the wand. The real wand. The one she and Uma had been after. She had to admit that Mal and the others had done a great job at making the fake wand, for this one looked just like it. Myra felt the impulse to jump up and grab it, to steal the wand and run. But she restrained herself from doing so. Yes, with the wand she could destroy the barrier, free the villains and- at the same time- fulfill her deal with Hades and get her soul back. But she glanced at Jay, he seemed happy with his life here. He and the others, Evie, Carlos, Mal; they were happy and save in Auradon. They had a future, just like everyone else who lived here. Ben, Jane, Dizzy, the twins and Celia. She just couldn't take that away from them.
     "So, Myra. Are you ready?" The Fairy Godmother asked her in a slightly enthusiastic but caring tone.
     For the first time, Myra smiled back at her and nodded her head. "Yeah, I am."
     "Great! Now hold still, I'll remove your bandages." The young woman glanced at Lunch sitting on her left shoulder, not knowing what was about to happen she took him away from there and placed him on Jay's shoulder. Both of them seemed surprised by her gesture and looked at each other with confusion and a little indignation, but they accepted Myra's decision. Lunch moved to lay on Jay's shoulder, it's tail loosely hanging against the guy's neck. Jay shivered, not liking the feeling of the rat's tail against his skin, but didn't do anything about it.
     Fairy Godmother raised her wand and concentrated. "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo." She said in a sing-song voice, swirling the wand in two circles before pointing it at Myra's shoulder. A trail of glitter and sparkles came from the wand and started to surround the bandages on Myra's shoulder. It tickled a little as the magic undid the neatly wrapped string. Slowly the bandage came off of her skin, swirling in the air until it was entirely undone. The magic placed the bandage in the bin before disappearing.
     For the first time, Myra saw her wound. The first thing that hit her was the smell of burned flesh. Then her eyes started to focus. She became dizzy and a sic feeling started to make it's way up her throat. Her skin was gone in the middle, showing a gaping, blackish wound. There were scrapes of dark red spread through it, dried blood. The heat of the lightning must have scorched her veins shut the moment it had burned her. She wanted to look away but she couldn't, too entranced by her own wound. And now she looked closer, she thought she was able to see parts of her muscles.
     "Myra," Jay spoke up carefully. He had seen the blood drain from her face and the look of horror in her eyes as she stared at her shoulder. She didn't respond to hearing her name, so he gently moved her head to look at him. "Don't stare. I know it looks bad, but we'll fix it. Okay?"
     Myra's eyes stared at Jay's face for a moment, barely able to focus on him. Something about seeing how bad her shoulder was had disoriented her a little. But the moment Jay pushed some hair behind her ear and his fingers brushed her cheek, she snapped back. Her eyes found his and she nodded her head once. "Okay."
     "Now where did I put them..." Doc Croc mumbled, searching through his yellow bag. The lizard seemed to get a little frustrated as he searched on but apparently couldn't find what he was looking for. Croc started to make some room, pulling out a feathered pen first, then a folded in binocular and last a...
     "...frying pan?" Myra pinched the bridge of her nose before, again, turning to Jay, who also seemed confused by the frying pan. "Jay, he pulled a frying pan out of his bag. A frying pan. How does that even work? The bag- the pan is twice it's size!" She was whispering, but the distress in her voice made her words louder. Fairy Godmother couldn't help the adoring look in her eyes as she watched the two. As the headmistress of a school she had seen many teenage romances start and end. After a few years she had started to see the difference between a simple crush and real love. And she could see that what these two had, was real.
     "Ah-Ha! Here it is!" Doc Croc exclaimed, pulling everyone's attention back to him. He was holding up a yellow pouch, basically glowing with pride.
     "What's in that?" Myra asked, eyeing the pouch with curiosity.
    "T-t-this will fix your sh-oulder in no time!" The doctor said, opening the little bag and taking out a single leave. The leave was't like anything Myra had ever seen before. Instead of green, this one was a soft purple and while Croc moved it around in his hands it glowed as the light reflected off of it. The lizard doctor handed Myra the leaf for her to inspect. Up close she could also see the leaf's veins, they weren't purple but instead they were pink.
     Myra was mesmerized with the little piece of nature, not even noticing the amused looks she got from the people around her.
     "You know," Doc Croc started after taking some more leaves out of the pouch. "The colors aren't the only fas-s-scinating aspect ab-bout these lea-ves." The young woman looked at the lizard and the leaves with a questioning look in her eyes, waiting for him to continue. But he didn't say anything, his blue furred companion, however, did.
     "Getting those leaves was way more difficult than we thought."
     Knowing Yoyo was craving to tell the story, Jay asked the question. "Why so?"
     "Glad you asked." Yoyo said, jumping up from his place on the bed, walking around as he started to talk. "So, Crocy and I knew we had to get those leaves, but the only known place where they grow is the Forbidden Forest. You know, the one near Camelot. And if you think that sounds scary, multiply that by ten!" Myra glanced from Doc Croc- who was carefully applying the leaves to her wound- to Yoyo and couldn't help but chuckled at the guy's enthusiasm.
     "The trees could move and had eyes, real eyes! There is this plant that would try to hit you and some of the stones would eat you if you weren't careful- real weird nature around there. Right Crocy?"
     "W-what?" The doctor glanced at his friend for a second, realizing what had been asked him and continued. "Yes, Yoyo. The ecos-ystem was very u-n-nique."
     "What he said." Yoyo said as he continued his story. Myra heard some parts, of them meeting a blind guy who had a silver-winged hawk as a companion. He had agreed to help them find the plant since he knew the forest, but then this girl showed up who needed help finding Excalibur- the king's sword- in order to rescue the kingdom from an evil knight and bla bla bla. The blonde girl was done listening to the creature's story about some heroes in a land she'd never heard of before. Instead, her attention was with her now in leaves covered wound.
     "Done!" Croc said as he stepped back, admiring his work. Yoyo was still talking, but they weren't paying attention anymore.
     "So..." Myra started. "What now?"
     "Now we wai-"
     As if they knew what they had to do the leaves started to glow. First they had felt cool against her skin, but then Myra's arm started to tingle at the same time as the glow started. There was a puff of purple smoke, making Myra feel a cold burn. More smoke formed, combined with little, pink sparks shooting around. The burning sensation seemed to shrink the more the leaves shriveled in on themselves until they simply  faded away into nothingness.
     Once the leaves were gone, Myra could see her shoulder. Where once had been the sickening burn was now nothing but smooth skin. Mesmerized, Myra let her fingers softly press against where once the wound had been. It was entirely gone. Her muscles still felt stiff, but there was no pain or burning smell. "How-" But Myra didn't finish, she didn't know what to say. This was just so much to process.
     "The Hu-Hurbana Purpurosea. It's healing pro-perties are extraordinary." Myra looked away from her shoulder, smiling at the creature in front of her.
     "Thank you."
     "O-o-f course." Doc Croc said, taking off his glasses and cleaning them with a white handkerchief he had pulled out of his bag.
     "It was our pleasure." Yoyo chimed in with a little bow.
     "Now, if you don't re-q-quire our services anymore."
     Fairy Godmother smiled at them. "That was all. And again, we are so, so very grateful for your help. You two really do amazing work."
     "Everything for the loveliest Fairy in all the kingdoms." Yoyo said, taking Fairy Godmother's hand and placing a kiss on it. The Fairy Godmother seemed a little flustered by the gesture. She started to giggle like a young school girl as she shifted her weight from her left to her right feet.
     Noticing she was embarrassing herself, Fairy Godmother cleared her throat and regained her posture. She pulled her hand away, using it to fix her already great looking haircut. "Very well, don't let us keep you from your adventures." A nervous chuckle left her lips. "Off you go now."
     Yoyo and Doc Croc exchanged a look before turning to Myra and Jay. "It has been great me-eting you." The doctor said, smiling at the two.
     "Nice meeting you, too." Jay answered, while Myra went with the slightly more awkward.
     "Same here."
    The two creatures turned to the window and perfectly in sync, they started to call out. "Sim! Simsala! Simsala Grimm!"
     Yet again, Myra was as confused as she could be. What didn't help was the big, brown, leather bound book that came flying in through the once closed window. Yoyo and Doc Croc both jumped on top of the pages of the opened, flying book. The two started to wave enthusiastically at the three in the room, Doc Croc even took off his hat to wave with it. Fairy Godmother waved back with roughly the same energy while Jay and Myra both had a little more trouble dealing with what was going on.
     In no time the book had flown off, together with the two creatures.  Myra and Jay turned to each other, both confused, but that didn't stop them from laughing.

🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾

A/N: honestly, Idk what this was...
Buuut I stand by it 🤣🤣

There were two pretty big references in this chapter. 1 to an old tv-show and 1 to an old(ish) movie. Both which I loved growing up and I just had to put them in here.

Aaaanyway
I hope you enjoyed this and if you didn't, no worries, I'll go back to the kind of normal story line in the next chapter!

Ow and Hebe, I know you want to kill me. Buuut look at it this way, if you kill me now you will never get your kiss scene XD
(Please don't kill me)

~Purple Dragon