The Gaming Club Part 2

"So, what'll it be?"

After watching a few rounds of DDR from the side-lines, Marinette finally volunteered herself and Adrien for the next game. In the interim she made sure he was introduced to a number of her fellow club members, who all greeted him cheerily. Marinette kept an eye on him, making sure he was enjoying himself, and was relieved when he seemed to start relaxing. He even cracked a few jokes, though she couldn't hear what they were from her spot beside the console set-up. Judging from the fact that he found Nino's 'French Eat Pain for Breakfast' shirt hilarious, she guessed he had the same ridiculous humour as the other men in her life.

Boys were weird. But she couldn't fault them. After all she'd always been a lover of a bad pun herself.

Adrien was... sweet. Truth be told, he was completely different to how she'd imagined the son of her idol to be. Aside from his exceedingly good looks, you wouldn't have been able to tell he was a former teen heartthrob. He was too humble even, dare she think it, shy. He seemed not to get out much, which made sense given his post-grad status.

Despite that, Marinette was determined for him to have a good time. After all, she'd been a member of the Gaming Club since her first year and was incredibly proud of the club it'd become in the years since. It had taken a lot of hard work on her part, along with her friends' efforts. They'd worked as a team and the benefits had sewn themselves into a club where every type of gamer was welcome and celebrated. It was why one week they could have a DDR competition and the next week a classic board games night, and the week after that a table top tournament.

"Earth to Mari?"

Marinette blinked, dazed, snapping out of her musings when Nino waved a hand in front of her face.

"We good to go with the song choice?" Nino asked, waving a controller in his hand. In response, Marinette clapped a hand to her forehead, eyes swivelling to Adrien. He was on the other side of the classroom, back turned, as he conversed with a surly, short guy with long black hair. Marinette recognised him as a second-year student who'd recently joined the club himself.

"Crap I forgot to ask him!" she cursed, "hold the fort for a second Nino?"

"No problem boss!" Nino saluted, almost dropping the controller in the process. Turning away, Marinette giggled under her breath as she traipsed through the small crowd towards Adrien and the black-haired guy (what was his name? Tom? Toby? Ted? She was sure it began with a T).

 Turning away, Marinette giggled under her breath as she traipsed through the small crowd towards Adrien and the black-haired guy (what was his name? Tom? Toby? Ted? She was sure it began with a T)