Chapter 30

Conversation with: LITTLE BRO

LITTLE BRO
Ophelia?

OPHELIA
hey
whats up

LITTLE BRO
u busy?

OPHELIA
me?
never
now that I'm done w OWLS🤩

LITTLE BRO
alright
can u meet me at Hagrid's hut?
you know where it is? 

OPHELIA
yeah,
had care of magical creatures there
why Hagrid's?

LITTLE BRO
ill explain when u get here

OPHELIA
cool
be there in a sec

LITTLE BRO
thanks Ophelia

OPHELIA
anything for my fav third year

It was nearly sundown, and Ophelia was wondering why Harry had wanted to meet her at Hagrid's hut, out of all places. She knocked on Hagrid's door, only wearing leggings and a tank top. The door swung open immediately, revealing a messy haired Harry.

"We're not supposed to be here," Harry said in a hushed voice, pulling her inside. Ophelia stepped inside to see a very, very distraught Hagrid with shaking hands with a look of helplessness and Harry's two friends, Ron and Hermione by the small table in the back.

"What's going on?" Ophelia asked, matching Harry's tone. "Hagrid—are you alright?"

When she didn't get a reply, Harry explained to her quietly so that Hagrid wouldn't hear them, afraid that if he was reminded of Buckbeak's execution again, he would burst into tears. "Before you transferred, Hagrid brought a hippogriff to our first class in Care of Magical Creatures—his name's Buckbeak. Long story short, he hurt Draco Malfoy–absolute prick, minor injury too—and he went complaining to his father, now the Buckbeak's getting executed."

"Draco Malfoy? The cute Slytherin?" Ophelia gasped. "The poor hippogriff!"

Before Harry could reply, they heard Hagrid's voice, peering out of the small window. "They're comin'..."

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ophelia whipped around, seeing a group of men walking down the castle steps.

 "Yeh gotta go," said Hagrid, trembling. All Ophelia wanted to do was give the man a giant hug. "They mustn' find yeh here... Gonow..." 

They followed him to the door into his back garden. Although she wasn't as close as Hagrid as the others seemed to be, and didn't know about the hippogriff's execution until a few seconds before, her heart soared at the sight of the animal a few yards away, tethered to a tree behind Hagrid's pumpkin patch. The hippogriff yanked his head from side to side, pawing the ground nervously.

"It's okay, Beaky," said Hagrid. "It's okay...Go on," he said, turning to them.

The four of them didn't move. "Hagrid, we can't—"

"We'll tell them what really happened—"

"They can't kill him—"

"Go!"said Hagrid fiercely. Knowing that they had no choice, Hermione threw the cloak over Harry, Ron and Ophelia—it was quite a stretch, but they all managed to fit under it.