Ch.36 Tyveer

Chapter 36

After a thorough run through of their plan, Heyder left Maya alone in the study. He avoided eye contact with her at all cost and when she tried to speak to him, he made an excuse about needing to talk to Ali and walked away. A deep frown formed on Maya's face as she watched him disappear through the doors. With a great sigh, she made her way out of the study and headed upstairs. Maya was lost in her thoughts when the laughter of a little child caught her attention down the hall.

"Ian," Eden frowned. "You will fall and crack your head open."

"I won't!" The little boy said as he ran up the stairs with all his strength.

"Go find Clare or Owen," Eden called after her son as the boy disappeared on the second floor landing. She turned her head and spotted Maya approaching her. With a bright smile, she greeted the girl.

"Hey! I haven't seen you in so long," Eden said.

"Hello," Maya reached across and kissed Eden's cheeks. "How have you been?"

"Busy," Eden sighed. "Just trying to get as much done as I possibly can before Christmas."

"Oh shoot," Maya smacked her forehead. "Tomorrow is Christmas eve."

"How did you forget?" Eden laughed. "It's the best time of the year. Ian has been killing me to bring him here."

"I swear Owen and Piggy should just adopt the boy."

"Yes, please. Take him. He's a little monster."

"How's Arden?" Maya leaned against the banister.

"He's good," Eden smiled. "He's with his dad in the office. Oh! Which reminds me. Alec said you wanted to speak to me about something."

"Yeah, I've been meaning to call," Maya nodded. "I need to get in touch with Tobias."

"Everything okay?"

"I need to ask him about Apollo," Maya chewed on her bottom lip. "I don't know if Alec told you but I found my......mate."

A sweet smile spread across Eden's lips, "He told me a little. But not to the full extent."

"We need Tobias to help us talk to Apollo," Maya said slowly.

"I'll see what I can do," Eden said. "They're supposed to be coming over for dinner on Christmas. I'll let him know you want to speak to him."

"Thank you, Eden," Maya let go of the breath she was holding. "I really apprec-"

"Maya," Heyder's voice suddenly spoke from the top of the stairs. The two blondes looked up as the jinn climbed down and approached them. His dark hair was a mess and his brown eyes were narrowed. The silver necklace around his neck swung from side to side as his long legs made their way to them. Eden raised a brow and turned to Maya after looking Heyder up and down.

"This is him?" She asked.

Maya's eyes flickered to Heyder, "Yeah."

"Oh, Hi!" Eden turned to Heyder with the brightest smile on her lips. Heyder frowned as he looked at Maya. "It's so nice to meet you, Heyder! I've heard so much about you."

"Yes, yes, I know," Heyder rolled his eyes. "I fucked up. Mavi and Owen hate me. Exton wants to kill me. Rye is plotting my murder and Gemma wants me six feet under for Christmas."

"Ah," Eden looked at the couple in front of her. "No."

"I can't imagine you heard anything good about me," Heyder took in a deep breath.