삼십구

Taehyung smiled dreamingly in his sleep, feeling Jeongguk's warm body close to his, arms wrapped around him in the softest embrace and he felt the familiar breath tickling his skin softly. He knew absolutely everything about his husband, every inch of his body so familiar as if it was his and Taehyung would never have it any other way.

To him, Jeongguk was the best thing ever happening to him. After encountering the devil, a supposed to be horrible meeting for a young monk, Taehyung has realized that his previous life was nothing but filled with misery, pushed around and shut down for being pretty and bullied by the ones who should have loved him.

But Jeongguk also had his dark sides, first kept away from his lover in fear of being left alone once again but Taehyung stayed. He also stayed when Jeongguk has started to be freaked out, to be scared of losing Taehyung and in his fear locking him away.

Taehyung has always stayed with his Mate but sometimes, even the most gentle heart was tired of experiencing the same thing over and over again. Because the silverhead felt like he was talking to a wall whenever trying to argue with Jeongguk about his safety.

And Taehyung felt sick of it, he has been held away from a proper life for more than 1400 years now and all he wanted was to enjoy life and roam around without an anxious devil trying to pull him back to hell.

Hell would always remain home to Taehyung yet he also wanted to see the world, see the things he missed and encounter life like he wasn't able to before. His hope to experience all of these things together with Jeongguk was still there but it grew less and less the more problems got forced onto their backs. It scared Taehyung.

So much that he fluttered his eyes open when he felt his heart clench and he sat up, rubbing over his face with a heavy sigh and turning his head to look over to the sleeping form of the devil next to him. 

Jeongguk's arm was loosely wrapped around Taehyung's waist, naked upper body merely hidden by the blanket covering the both of them, exposed creamy skin littered with scars shimmering softly in the dim light of their bedroom. His sleeping form looked angelic, quite ironic for being the devil yet Taehyung recalled that Jeongguk has once been an angel before thrown out of heaven for defying the Almighty God. 

The movement must've caused displeasure onto Jeongguk or simply the fact that he couldn't feel the warmth of his husband to him anymore, because Jeongguk stirred in his sleep, a groan leaving his lips because he felt Taehyung slipping out of his touch. His hand patted around in the sleepy wish to catch his husband again but when he couldn't, his possessive being forced him to open his eyes. 

"Baby? What's wrong, why are you up, Tae?", the devil groggily murmured, trying to hug his husband who giggled sleepily before turning silent. "Ggu, would you ever let me go out and enjoy life properly? Or are you going to lock me inside hell forever?", Taehyung asked silently, the half asleep male on the other side merely grumbled before cuddling into Taehyung's hip.

"Of course I would let you go out. You deserve the world, Babyboy", Jeongguk sleepily murmured into Taehyung's curvy hip. "I wanna take you to Paris, to London, to all the pretty places in the world, wanna see the world together with you", the devil grumbled out which completely took Taehyung off guard.

"W-what?", he stammered, entire anger disappearing out of the sudden when he heard the words he craved so much to hear. "T-then why are you so adamant in locking me away? Why must you be such a big asshat to me and ignore my pleads?", the silver haired male demanded to know but Jeongguk simply wrapped his arms around Taehyung's waist and cuddled closer.

"Because I'm scared... scared to lose you like I almost lost you one time", Jeongguk confessed into Taehyung's skin who could barely understand him. "But I wanted to gift you a journey through the world on your birthday because I have been an ass and you don't deserve this... you would want to leave me and... I love my TaeTae so much", Jeongguk mumbled, slowly starting to fall asleep again.

"S'much", Jeongguk whispered before drifting back to sleep, grabbing tightly onto Taehyung's waist who squirmed in his husband's tight hold. "Oh Ggu... after all this time... you still think I would leave you... why? What makes you so anxious that I will leave you alone? When you're all I'm asking for...", Taehyung whispered sadly, pressing a kiss to Jeongguk's temple.

"I love you so much Ggu and knowing that you want to give me such a present for my birthday... you and your thick skull finally listened to me", Taehyung whispered into Jeongguk's hair before he turned his head to look away.

He had to collect himself, tears forming in his eyes from how touched he felt. He felt like he could hug the whole world now for hearing this so he did, tightly wrapping his arms around Jeongguk and whispering little love confessions in his hair.

The thoughts kept spinning in his mind until he sighed and gently untangled their limbs from each other, looking at Jeongguk's peaceful sleeping face with a smile before he pressed his lips to Jeongguk's soft ones. "You look like a Baby when you sleep, Ggu... not so devilish at all but you didn't hear that from me or you won't give my ass any break", Taehyung chuckled silently while caressing Jeongguk's hair.

"I'm going to take Berry out for a walk and I'm gonna leave a note so don't freak out yes?", Taehyung giggled, admiringly stroking Jeongguk's hair. The devil was so much more than his position as King of hell and Taehyung was happy to know every little secret of Jeongguk. Or so he thought.

But he didn't know so he simply kissed Jeongguk again. "I love you, Ggu, don't be mad, I'll be back before you wake up", Taehyung said and ruffled Jeongguk's hair before sitting up and leaving.

Right after starting to shout Cerberus' name. 

~

Love this chapter, its extra soft uwu

Ela_koo