29. HARRY POTTER!

| CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE |

HARRY POTTER!

"CED...CED...CED!" 

CEDRIC'S WIDE eyes finally snapped away from the Goblet of Fire and onto the blonde Hufflepuff seated besides him. It felt like all the blood had rushed to his head, causing his hearing to be slightly deafening which resulted in him not really knowing if he heard the Headmaster right. 

Natasha looked at him with a look that was a cocktail of proudness and anxiety. But the only thing Cedric could concentrate on was the fact that her eyes were on him as her hand held his in a tight grip. A grip that kept him anchored to reality.

"You did it," Natasha breathed out, placing her free hand onto his arm before shaking him slightly; trying to knock him out of his state of shock, "Ced, you need to go up there."

The Hufflepuff boy finally snapped himself from his thoughts. His hearing returned but he was almost deafened by the loud cheering coming from the Hogwarts students; the badgers being the loudest. He finally felt as if he could move his body, and with the help of Natasha he finally stood up. His gray eyes didn't want to leave her ocean blue ones, but when he almost tripped over the foot of a second year Hufflepuff he finally did. 

Natasha, on the other hand, couldn't keep her eyes off of Cedric. She watched as he walked closer and closer to Dumbledore, receiving pats and high-fives from their fellow schoolmates on his way. She couldn't keep the proud smile off her face as she watched him shake Dumbledore's hand, the pair shared a couple of words before the Headmaster let Cedric walk past him and over towards the door the rest of the champions went through. 

Just before he reached it, he looked back over his shoulder, his eyes instantly landing on Natasha. He could easily make her out through the crowd, and as soon as his eyes glanced back at her, he couldn't help as the smile from appearing on his face. Natasha noticed it, sending him a grin and two thumbs up before he disappeared from view. 

The Hufflepuff students seemed to be over the moon, chattering loudly and excitingly about one of their own being a champion in The Triwizard Tournament. It all felt surreal. Natasha grinned, joining the excited conversation between Rosie and Theo before the whole Hall went deadly quiet.

Confused, the blonde looked up, her eyes landing on the Goblet. The flame turned bright red yet again, resulting in everyone looking between one another with befuddled faces. They had the three champions, what on earth was happening now? Nat felt a surge of anxiety seeping into her veins as she watched Dumbledore take a step forwards, catching a fourth piece of parchment that the Goblet spit out. 

Everyone stayed silent as the Headmaster unfolded it. His eyes widened before he looked up. Natasha couldn't figure out if he was shocked or angry. He looked at all the students before him with a look she had never seen before.  

"Harry Potter..." Dumbledore's voice was barely above a whisper, but due to the silence of the room, the people closest to him heard him and began muttering between each other. 

"Did he just say Potter or am I hearing things?" Rosie questioned, sharing a shocked look with her best friend.

Natasha opened and closed her mouth like a goldfish. She didn't know what to say, but she hoped that they heard it wrong. Harry was a year younger than her and if even she felt like the age of seventeen seemed to be too young for such a competition, fourteen was beyond nerve-wrecking. 

"Harry Potter!"