30. I PROMISE

| CHAPTER THIRTY |

I PROMISE.

EVERYONE SEEMED MORE THAN HAPPY to go off to bed after celebrating the fact that one of their own was going to be competing in the Triwizard Tournament. Natasha, on the other hand, wasn't. Instead, she stayed sitting cross-legged on the mustard yellow couch in the common room, waiting for Cedric to come back (as no one had seen the boy since they were in the Great Hall). 

She ran her hand through her golden locks once again; she had been doing that ever since she sat down on the couch and honestly, she wouldn't have been surprised if suddenly her hair started falling out from the sheer force of her hand movements. Natasha felt proud that Cedric got his chance to do something that could only happen once in someone's lifetime, but she also couldn't help feeling worried about it. Not only about Cedric but Harry too. 

The poor fourteen year old had been through so much the last four years; having to battle Voldemort when he was somehow on the back of their Defence Against the Dark Arts professor's head. The Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets during his second year.  The Dementors last year. It wasn't hard to see that Harry Potter had the worst luck of anyone at Hogwarts...ever.

The sound of the common room door opening grabbed the blonde's attention. Instantly, her eyes shifted over to it and she sighed in relief when she spotted the Hufflepuff Quidditch Captain entering, a dazed look in his eyes. 

"Oh, Nat, you're still up?" He stopped dead in his tracks when he noticed his friend, "Is everything okay?"

Natasha nodded as she jumped up from the couch, "Yeah, I was just waiting for you," She confessed, "Well done, Ced," She told him, grinning proudly as she walked over to the much taller boy and clasped her hand on his bicep, squeezing tightly, "I knew you'd get it."

Cedric chuckled as a pink blush appeared on his cheeks, "Thanks, Nat. It was all thanks to your belief."

"Oh, I know," The blonde grinned, nudging his side playfully, but her smile fell off her face quickly, "What's happening with Harry?" She questioned, worry filled her ocean blue eyes.

 Cedric sighed and frowned ever so slightly, "He's got to do it," He told her.

"What?!" Natasha screeched, not believing what she just heard, "Why? He's fourteen. Surely Dumbledore can do something about it?"

Cedric shook his head sadly, "Apparently he can't. The Goblet chooses and nobody has the power to change that," He explained. Without thinking, Cedric reached his hand out, placing it softly onto Nat's shoulder and squeezing lightly, "He's going to be okay."

Natasha's eyes locked onto Cedric's, neither of them seemed to want to pull away. She didn't know how or why but as soon as Cedric's hand touched her shoulder it seemed like all the worry had washed away, that everything really was going to be okay. Even though she was still kind of worried, that feeling seemed to be pushed down when Cedric sent her a reassuring smile. 

"Are you going to be okay?" She asked timidly, biting her bottom lip slightly as she looked up at Cedric through her lashes.

He nodded, "I'm going to be okay, Nat," Cedric told her, his eyes never once leaving hers, "I promise."