Chapter 20,5

I felt like I owe you this after not publishing for so long. This is a tiny chapter, but I felt like it wouldn't really fit in along with the previous or next chapter. So here you go. I don't know how other people feel when they cry, but this is how it feels to me. And also, there's a wee bit of fluff in this one.

***

I hugged my Nana yet another time, squeezing her as close as humanly possible. "I love you, I'll see you soon, right?"

She moved some hair out of my face with a smile and teary eyes. "Of course, as soon as possible, right?"

I nodded and then turned to my grandfather. Very carefully I wrapped my arms around him, giving him a quick squeeze. "Pops, promise me that you'll... do what the doctor says, right?"

He smiled and placed a quick kiss on my cheek. "Don't worry about me, baby bunny, everything is gonna be alright, it'll all work out somehow, I know it," he tightened his hand around mine for a second, before finally letting go. With a deep breath, I turned around and left the room, waving to them as Alllen and my parents and I walked down the hall. They stood in the open doorway, waving back at us, until we finally reached the end of the b-hall, and left out of the electric doors.

When we reached the car, we all stayed quiet. I rested my head against the headrest, my eyes closed. Time passed in a blur, and soon enough, we'd stopped. When I opened my eyes, to my surprise, we were in front of my parents' apartment building.

My parents and I got out of the car together, Allen thankfully staying behind this time, but still observing me closely from behind- I could feel him looking at me. I hugged my parents more quickly than I'd usually do- I just wanted to go home. Go home so I could curl up into a ball and scream and sob until the pain numbed.

I whispered a quick 'bye', my voice threatening to break as I did, before I ran to the car and got into the passenger seat, my heart throbbing painfully against my rib. My head found it's lace against the headrest, and I stayed quiet, my throat aching with the sobs trying to escape. I balled my hands into tight fists to stop them from shaking- every muscle was tense, tightened to the breaking point to prevent my body from shaking with sobs.

"Love, is... is everything alright? If you're worried about seeing them again... we can make it a weekly thing if you'd like. I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to keep you from your family..."

Shaking my head, I breathed deeply through my nose a few times. "I'm fi-ine," I whispered, my voice breaking as I did. "Really,"

I didn't open my eyes to look, but I felt his eyes on my face. But he, thankfully, remained quiet. The drive went on, for what seemed like forever this time- probably only because I was so eager to get back.

"I'll respect your privacy, Love, but I just need to know; do I have anything to do with why you're upset?"

I shook my head, a tear streaming down my cheek. I gritted my teeth. Make it stop, please, dear God, I just want it to stop.

The car stopped, and I peeked my eyes open. Red light, damnit. Quickly closing my eyes again, I realized the fight was already lost- my tears were running quietly down my cheeks, there was no stopping it now. I'd just have to get back to my room before I turned hysteric.

The car stopped once again, and this time there was a jackpot. I all but threw myself out of the car and darted for the door. Less than a second later I was past the first flight of stairs, and in the next second, I was by my room door.

THrowing it closed behind me, I headed for the bed, burying my face in the pillows and blankets the second I hit it.

The pain in my chest was evolving- burning. It was spreading, becoming hotter, more angry. I screamed into the pillow and hugged it close to my chest, trying to find some form of relief. Images flew by in my mind.