Chapter 15 - Gohan's incredible potential

Krillin and Goku are flying back to the cave with a namekian child called Dende. They soon reach the cave and Gohan and Bulma run outside.

"Who's that you have with you?" Bulma asks, looking at the child. "He looks like a small Piccolo."

"This is Dende. We saved him from an evil alien," Krillin responds.

Goku is still looking out for something. "Krillin. I've been sensing a really strong guy since we got here. I want us to go check it out. You should come too Dende."

Krillin looks surprised but nods. They fly away in search of the person. Eventually, they find a large house on a very tall cliff. Outside, is the namekian Goku had sensed. They fly down to meet him.

"Hi! I'm Goku and this is Krillin. We noticed how powerful you were and I was wondering if you'd help us with a problem. There's an alien going around killing your kind and we could use your help."

The namekian looks annoyed. "No. My name is Nail and I am the protector of the grand elder Lord Guru. I can not leave him unguarded, however much I wish to stop that person," he replies.

Goku looks confused and peeks inside. Inside is a huge and very old namekian sitting in a chair. "Woah! Hi! I'm Son Goku and this is Krillin. Who are you?"

"I am the grand elder Guru. What brings you here, young one?" he asks.

"Well, we were hoping you could help us, but it's fine. Sorry for bothering you." But Guru stops Goku before he leaves.

"Wait. I sense something in you. Hidden power, untapped potential. I can draw it out if you wish. Come closer," Guru says.

Goku stands next to him and Guru puts his hand on his head. Suddenly, Goku gets a huge boost in power.

"Wow! This in incredible! My body is overflowing with power! Thank you! Krillin, you do it!"

Krillin and Dende go through the same process and now they are all stronger than ever. Dende stays behind and Goku and Krillin go back to get Gohan. They make the journey quickly.

"Gohan!" Krillin shouts excitedly. "Hey, where's Gohan?"

Bulma come out. "The tracker found a nearby dragon ball so I sent him to get it." Goku and Krillin are speechless.

"Why did you let him go right after we've found out there's dangerous and powerful aliens?!" Goku yells. Bulma just shrugs and Goku flies off to find Gohan.

—————

50g

"73, 74, 75, 76... 100! Alright! I need a snack!" I walk down to the fridge and it's full of food. I grab a few things and eat, then get back to training. "I wonder if I can copy some people's techniques?" I put my hands together and draw them back, making a blue ki ball.

"Kamehameha!" I push the ki forwards as a blast and it circles the ship, coming back to me.
"Oh crap." I try to catch it and wait for it to deplete, but it explodes and hurts my arms. "Ow ow ow! I'm not doing that again! Okay. Let's see if a can get to 1000!" I tie my legs back up to the ceiling and pull my body up to my legs.

"101, 102, 103, 104, 105..."

—————

At Frieza's ship, Zarbon walks into the room with Frieza.

"I'm afraid Dodoria's dead my lord. Should I go and take care of Vegeta?" he says.

Frieza doesn't turn around from the window. "Yes. And if you don't get him, you'll end up like Dodoria." Zarbon flies out of the ship.

"Alright. I just have to find him and kill him. It shouldn't be too hard with the scouter." He locates Vegeta with the scouter. "He's close! Get ready for your death Vegeta."

Vegeta can be seen now and Zarbon fires a blast at him, but Vegeta senses it and jumps out of the way. "Hello Zarbon. Have you come to be my next kill? I'll give you a chance. Present me with your neck and I'll kill you quickly," Vegeta says.

Zarbon chuckles. "Oh Vegeta. As cocky as ever. You may have defeated Dodoria, but you'll never beat me. I have the power to transform. Like this." He charges up and grows into a reptilian monster. Vegeta gets ready for a fight.

Zarbon grabs Vegeta by the head and slams him into the ground, creating a crater. He's already unconscious. Zarbon throws him into the lake. "That's the job done. I should report to Lord Frieza." He flies off.

Vegeta crawls out of the lake. "Haaa... Vegeta lives! I... I..." he passes out.

—————

Goku and Krillin finally find Gohan.

"Gohan! Come with us. You found a dragon ball? Great!" Krillin says.

They all fly to Guru's house, leaving the dragon ball with Bulma. When they get there, Guru is willing to unleash Gohan's potential.

"I can sense incredible potential in this boy. A bottomless well of ki ready to be let out. Stand still boy, this could be rough," Guru says.

The mountain begins to shake and cracks come from the floor where Gohan stands. He is almost lifted up by an incredible force.

"Wow! I feel so powerful! This is amazing!" he yells. He aims his hand to the sky and fires a ki blast. "I can fire laser from my hands! This is so cool!"

Goku is amazed. "Wow Gohan, you're almost as strong as me and you haven't even had any training!"