~ Author's Note ~

~ Note ~

~ Note ~

Ashes & Embers is currently undergoing a rewrite to fix some (gaping) plot holes and get rid of unnecessary things. The original will still be up until I finish, where I will take the book down and republish it with the new chapters.

~ Welcome ~

My name is Evilyn, or Evie, and thank you very much for clicking on this book. It means the world to me.

Evilyn Ronan is my pen name. It's not my actual name. I do prefer it to my real name, though.

~ Completion ~

This book is complete as of August 4, 2021. Edits may occur as I randomly read chapters based on my boredom.

~ Vote & Comment ~

Don't forget to vote and comment! It lets me know that the book is supported, which gives me more incentive to not take it down (I've done that many times). Also, it gives me the drive to actually finish and publish the rest of the book.

~ Errors ~

I usually edit pretty thoroughly, but sometimes even I, the grammar police, can miss errors. Comment if you find any errors and I'll do my best to fix them.

~ Note ~

This book is a modern retelling of the story...
(Drumroll, please)

*Proceeds to make drum-like noise*

'The Phantom of the Opera'

You've probably already guessed that seeing as how you've read the description...

This is NOT a fanfiction (okay, well it is a little, since I'm a fan and this book is complete fiction).

I'm absolutely obsessed with the musical - and the book - and it got to the point where I actually started daydreaming about it. That daydream morphed into a story slightly different from Phantom, but still similar enough.

This book is loosely based on the 1909 novel by Gaston Leroux, as well as the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, but I've brought the story into the twenty-first century, as well as moved the story from Paris to Upstate New York. It's also been Evie-fied, meaning it's got some twists and characters that Phantom doesn't have.

If you've never read Phantom, or watched the movie or musical, that's all right! Though this series is based off of the novel, it's more of a modern retelling than anything.

Even so, I put a lot of time and effort into this book, and it would be much appreciated if nobody plagiarizes or copies this book. If you do, I will hunt you down and destroy you.

Do not test me.

~ Reading ~

This book does switch perspectives, but it primarily takes place from one POV. Perspective changes will be told by a photo at the top of each chapter, so stay online!

Okay... I'll be nice. Perspectives are also told in small text below the fancy photo for those of you without fantastic internet (like myself).

~ Follow ~

Just because... who doesn't enjoy more followers?

Now, on with the story! Thanks again for clicking on this book! Enjoy!

~ Evie