Chapter 7: Dinner Disaster

Mia Jones POV:

I think it's safe to say that that interview was a train wreck.

I can't be sure whether to run for my life, as I am certain that inside that box was a head, yet I still stopped at Matteo's assistants desk and made a lunchtime appointment.

What is wrong with me? Am I that desperate for a job?

And what was with me almost melting into his embrace! I was practically drooling all over him! I am pathetic.

I can only imagine how Dad will act when i tell him about it tonight, i mean should i even tell him about what i heard? If I do, he will probably stop me from taking the job, and maybe that would be for the best... But something seems to be drawing me into Matteo, I just need to see him again, to see his perfect face.

I'm doing it again!

That man will be the death of me, I am sure of it.

Dropping my visitors pass at the reception where I had gotten it, I headed out for the doors, once again being met by Luca and his army of men, as well as three black SUV's. It seems that Dad may have ramped up the security just a tad during my interview.

Oh gosh, he's going to know about the interview! I shouldn't have been so stupid to suspect that he wouldn't have, but oh well... I guess it won't be a surprise after all.

"Hello Miss Jones, where to?" Luca asks cheerily as he opens the door for me.

"Just home thanks." I give him a smile, and the car begins off to my apartment.

I unlock my apartment door and fall onto the couch, taking a deep breath out. Kicking off my heels, I reach for the remote to my TV and turn on Netflix. Looks like I'm going to be bingeing until dinner.

***

I have no idea what to wear for dinner.

Raking through my closet, I already have five dresses chucked carelessly onto my bed. I own nothing fancy enough for the restaurant, and I had never expected I would be seeing Dad while in New York.

All my clothes are either too casual, or too skimpy. Alice and I are always going out clubbing on the weekends, so i'm heavily equipped for the bar, but not for a five star restaurant owned by my billionaire father.

I finally pull out a black, figure-hugging dress which is almost skin tight, held together with thin spaghetti straps. Looks like this'll have to do. I'll just wrap a scarf around my shoulders or something to cover up a bit.

Checking the time on my phone, I notice it's almost six fifteen. I need to get dressed now otherwise I'll be stuck in peak hour traffic, and the last thing I want to be is late for dinner with Dad.

Once i'm sure that i look at least half way presentable after applying some basic makeup and grabbing a purse, i leave my apartment and head downstairs to where i guess Luca and his men reside when i'm not out and about. What a boring job.

I say my hellos, and i'm assuming Dad has already briefed everyone on where to go, and this time they don't ask me.

Within twenty-five minutes, we've reached the restaurant, and the car pulls up onto the valet carved out the front of the building. My mouth is agape as I stare at the beautiful building in all its glory.

It's humongous and very tall. From inside a warm glow emanates and the soft volume of instrumental music flows out into the busy Friday night street. Parked along the valet are cars that would be worth more figures than i could imagine, all in pristine condition.

Luca opens my door, and I step out, self conscious of my appearance. While there aren't many people walking around, those who are, are dressed in gorgeous gowns and draped with luxurious jewellery, while the men wear expensive tuxedos.

I wrap my shawl further around me. Luca holds out his hand and I take it as we begin walking through the entrance, flanked by too many of Dad's men to count.

Inside is just as beautiful as the outside, with large circular tables littered around the place occupied by people of high status. Large, beautiful, sheer, crimson and gold curtains hang from the ceilings separating each table, it's like something from a movie.

Luca guides me to a table, and as soon as I see the familiar figure of my father, I run up and embrace him even before he has time to stand. "Papà mi sei mancato così tanto." (Dad I missed you so much.) I whisper as I rest my head on his shoulder, hoping he'll never let me go.

"Lo so tesoro, mi sei mancato anche tu." (I know honey, I missed you too.) His gruff voice says.

It feels so surreal, finally being here with Dad, being able to touch him and hear him breathe. Not having to speak through a phone or computer. He's right in front of me, in my arms, and he's real.

After a long few seconds, we let go of each other and take our seats at the table. "You look lovely tonight, Mia." Dad says with a smile on his face. Relief washes over me.

"Thank you Dad." I reply, making sure to take in every detail of his face, from each wrinkle, to the dimples that appear when he smiles.

"How have you been? I want to know everything, how is college?"

After ordering our food, I told Dad about everything. About my friend Alice, and about how college is going. And in turn he tells me about all the beautiful places around the world he has had the opportunity to visit in his business ventures.

After our first course, I excuse myself to the restroom, standing from the table and hoping that it won't be too much trouble to find.

After minutes of wandering around, I finally spotted the sign to the ladies room. Looking down at my phone checking the time, I head towards it, but am instantly stopped as I hit something hard.

Did I hit a wall?

I'm sure there had not been a wall in front of me. Looking up from my phone, I feel my face fall as I make eye contact with a familiar face.

"Mr Giovanni?"
-------------------------------------------------------

Ooooooooo, I wonder whats gonna happen?!? Find out next chapter!!! Thanks for reading!!!!!