She Who Witnessed

The sun is shinning brightly above the ocean. Flock of birds flew above the sky and the cold breeze blew on her delicate skin. The pleasant sound of waves went with the loud horn of the ship was heard.  Oh what a wonderful day.

A girl named Ariel, where a smile was plastered on her lips, watched a group of pods joyfully jump high above the water. It was like the dolphins were calling – calling me.

Then two kids ran behind her which accidentally pushed her off the rails, making her fall straight to the blue ocean.People began to scream, running towards the ship's rail, looking for the girl who just fell off.

Below the surface of the cold ocean, Ariel tried to swim herself up but the pressure was just too great to bear. She gave up and she closed her eyes – what a lame death.

Unexpectedly, something lifted her up. She opened her eyes, surprised that the dolphins she saw awhile ago were driving her off to the deepest part of the ocean. But what surprised her more is that, she can breathe.

She kept thinking – Where are they taking me?

Scanning as they traveled deeper, she noticed how the corals slowly breaking and dying. She somehow felt sad as she glanced on the dolphins seeing how the joy in their eyes before were now replaced with sadness and fear.

She saw some floating things that does not belong to the marine life. Things that can destroy the underwater world. Things that can kill a living – plastics.

She felt pain seeing how the plastics confused the crabs and octopus as their home. She was hurt seeing how the plastics confused the fishes and turtles as their food – but it was poison.

Then a loud cry was heard across the ocean. The dolphins doubled their speed, taking her where the cry was located. Then, what she saw made her eyes widened in horror. Floating plastics entered inside its mouth. Plastics trapped the poor mammal, making it starve, currently on the verge of dying. The Blue Whale – the largest mammal on earth was crying for help. A tear escaped from her eye – This is just so terrible!

The fishes, the lobsters, the turtles, the dolphins, and every specie of marine life all gathered around her. Sadness and pain were visible in their eyes. They were pleading for something – help.

She put her hands to her chest and closed her eyes, feeling how pain clutched her heart like a thousand needles piercing through it – What mankind did was horrible!

When she opened her eyes, she was no longer underwater. She can feel the sunlight on her skin. She looked around seeing people with worry in their eyes but she ignored their concerns. Turned her head to the right and watched over the calm ocean and smiled, Yes, I promise. We, mankind, will do our best to save marine life, our planet, and revert things back to the way it was.