New Member

Izuku's POV

   I sat quietly as the kitsunes explained in detail about my identity.

   Everything that the Keeper had said was true. I killed my foster parents...I was the cause of their death. 

   "I guess I'm really not fit to be a hero..." I said, bitterly chuckling at my words. "Well, so if what you said is true, the Keeper may be testing me. Analyzing my mental and emotional health, right?"

   "That's what I think..." Akari said, scratching his cheek. "Most of us kitsunes usually have no emotions until we meet our fated group. But you're different, you've lived with humans for as long as you could remember so it's only natural that you have emotions too..."

   "I see..." I sighed again. "What's this thing about your fated group, anyways? You guys kept talking about that."

   "Ah, by fated group I mean the group we are assigned to. A fated group is assigned a certain world to protect and watch over." Kaede explained. "We are a fated group and we were assigned this world."

   She gestured towards herself and the other kitsunes. They all nodded and I glanced between each of them.

   "But we are missing our final member." Ikari butted in. "Unlike every other group, we were missing our main member, and that's..."

   "Me..." I mumbled, finishing Ikari's sentence. She nodded subtly.

   The atmosphere tensed a bit and I sighed. I laughed, making all the kitsunes look at me weirdly.

   "Are...You okay?" Yuu asked.  "You're not going insane...Are you?"

   "Of course not!" I chuckled. I waved my hands. "Well...I'm still very shocked and I'll need some time before I can accept the fact...But..."

   I paused for a while, recollecting all the events that I've been through. I've been bullied, hurt, and my parents died because of me. Everyone I cared for all died because of me. But thinking about all those people who supported me...I just felt like I have to make them proud. Just so their death wasn't in vain.

   "You know...I thought over all my actions during the time I locked myself inside..." I mumbled. "I finally know why I haven't been able to improve."

   "Hmm?"

   "All I do is cry...If something goes wrong, I cry. When someone insults me, I cry. Even the smallest things make me cry..." I sighed, thinking back to my middle school years. "I always get discouraged, then blame others and never try to change."

   "Izuku, don't blame yourself for this-"

   "No, listen to me." I interrupted Akari. "I finally understand...I've been given another chance to get stronger and redeem myself. I'll do whatever I can to change. I'll love to be a part of your team."

   I gave the kitsunes a determined smile and they smiled back, hugging me as they welcomed me as their final member. 

   "So...What exactly do you do as guardians?" I asked once we separated from the hug.

   "We protect this world from complete chaos for a certain amount of time. During that time, we are to help everyone find the meaning of life and achieve their goals. We are also supposed to study on how they act, so we probably won't have much time to goof around like we used to." Kaede explained. 

   "So...You're basically doing hero work." I said, making the kitsunes nod. "Then, let's get to it! I won't let that Keeper get his way."

   The kitsunes laughed and hugged me another time, all of them saying how concerned they were. 

   "Oh, and I wanted to ask about that letter you guys left me." I said. "It was so terribly written! I suspected that it wasn't true but I couldn't find you guys anywhere...I was so heartbroken, you know?"

   "Ah...I'm sorry. I just couldn't find a proper way to excuse our disappearance." Akari said. "We were originally leaving for a short vacation. Also so that we could find some evidence on your sickness and race. Seems like our Keeper told you before we could..."

   "It's fine..." I replied, laughing. "Just...Please don't leave me like that next time."

Time Skip

   After all the nice conversations and the clearing out of our misunderstandings, I was greeted by Eri and some of the other teachers. Kacchan came to apologize to me and when I asked why, he told me that Akari threatened him. Well, not only Akari but Mr. Aizawa as well.

   "I never thought that I'd be hearing Kacchan apologize to me." I smirked, feeling the need to tease him. "But...I won't accept your apology."

   Kacchan looked at me in fury, his eyes narrowing as he opened his mouth to yell. I snickered as I gave him the same mocking look that he used to give me in middle school. 

   To be honest, I don't really care about the whole bullying thing anymore. What happened in the past is not worth dwelling over, in my opinion. But it was quite funny to see his reaction.

   "If you want me to listen, get on your knees and beg!" (You get the reference?) I snickered, pointing to the floor. "Hmm? Kacchan? Don't you want to apologize?"

   Kacchan growled, glaring at me. He then turned his glare at the floor but reluctantly kneeled in front of me. I heard several gasps of surprise from around us, several murmurs as well. I was pretty surprised as well; I felt my eyes widening at the sight.

   "Ooh~ To think that I got to see the Almight Kacchan bow down to me." I teased.

   "I...I-I'm sorry..." Kacchan mumbled.

   "Hmm? What did you say?" I asked, pretending that I couldn't hear him. I cupped my ear.

   "I'm sorry..."

   "What?"

   "I SAID I'M SORRY, YOU DUMB*SS!" Kacchan yelled, his face red. 

   "Well, I'll accept your apology since you seem so desperate." I chuckled, signaling for Kacchan to stand up. "But you know, Kacchan, I would've accepted your apology even if you hadn't kneeled."

   I gave him a small smile. He stared at me in a mix of shock and embarrassment, also some confusion. I suppose he didn't expect me to smile at him like that. 

   "W-Wait, what!?" He yelled. "Wait!"

   I started running, laughing as he screamed behind me.

   "But thanks for the blackmail material, Kacchan!" I laughed, waving my phone. 

   I looked back just in time to see the hilarious look on his face. I smirked as I looked at the video on my phone. 

   "Maybe this won't be so bad, after all..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N)
I'm sorry for the really late and crappy chapter...I've been busy with my school work and because I have marching band practice, I haven't had much time to write these days. 
I am going to continue this book but I might not be able to update as much so please be patient with me.