twenty nine

Marci had just put on her new suit. It was was a black sleeveless cat suit that had orange accents around her waist and bust. It fit her perfectly and she loved the look of it. The others had suited up as well, but had split up into teams as they made there way through the airport. She had been paired with Bucky and Sam, obviously. Sam walked ahead of the pair a bit, controlling his drone and attempting to establish himself as the leader of the trio. Marci thought it was cute.

"Hey, Bucky," she said quietly to him, not wanting Sam to hear the conversation they were about to have.

Bucky glanced down to her as she spoke, as he saw the expression on her face he grew slightly concerned. "What's going on," he asked her.

Marci let out a shaky breath, not really sure how to start or even if she wanted to have this conversation, but not knowing was eating her up inside. "Yesterday," she started, biting nervously at the inside of her lip, "When you were...," she wasn't sure how to phrase it, "not yourself anymore," she decided on, "I said something," Bucky stared at her, waiting for her to finally spit it out. "I guess, I just wanted to know if you remember," she told him.

He knew what she was talking about immediately, but he wanted her to say it again. He wanted to be fully himself when she said those three little words that meant absolutely everything to him. "I don't know," Bucky said, and he watched Marci's face fall, "You might have to remind me," he quickly added with a slight smirk. After analyzing Bucky's face Marci caught on, grinning ear to ear.

"Bucky," she said, stopping both of them in their tracks, "I love you," she smiled with a slight shake of her head.

Bucky's eyes shined in a way they hadn't in a long time. His smile just as wide as Marci's as he responded, "I love you too," he confessed. He leaned forward placing a kiss to her forehead, "I'm sorry I didn't say anything earlier," he apologized, "I wasn't sure if you meant it or not. I didn't know if it was just something to snap me out of what had happened," he admitted to her.

"I meant it," she smiled softly giving him an eager nod.

"Come on, you two," Sam called out for them. Marci and Bucky shared a look, before catching up to him. Sam completely unaware of what had just happened between them. Marci wasn't sure if it had been a good idea to have that talk with Bucky now, but she was glad she did it. Now she'd didn't have to have that nagging thought in the back of her mind, while engaging in what she assumed to be one of the biggest events of her life. She knew how he felt and vice versa. Now she could focus completely on the task at hand.

Sam, Marci, and Bucky had all crouched down along the side of the windows that lined the hanger that they had been patrolling. Sam had located the quinjet that had brought the rivaling avengers to the airport. Tony had already dismantled their orginal escape chopper, so their new plan was to use the quinjet.

As the trio watched the fight begin, they figured it was time to get moving. As they ran down the corridor Marci saw a flash of movement on the outside of the windows, "What the hell was that?" Bucky called out, just as confused as the others.

"Everyone's got a gimmick now," Sam spat.

"Watch yourself, Pal," Marci said jokingly, but the man crawling on the outside of the window came flying through the glass, kicking Sam to the ground. Bucky went to throw a punch but the Spiderboy caught it, making both Marci and Bucky's eyes go wide.

"Woah, you've got a metal arm! That's so cool, dude," his voice sounded young, Marci couldn't believe Tony brought a kid into this. At the same time, that sounded exactly like something the selfish Tony Stark would do. As the boy was distracted by Bucky, she ran up to him, sending a powerful flame fueled kick to his chest. As both Marci and the Spiderboy went flying through the air, he attempted to web up Marci's mouth. "You have the right to remain silent," he shouted. Marci released a flame filled breath singeing the web making it burn up. The fire made the boy scream and release his grip on her, she rolled on the ground and quickly got back to her feet.