You Can't Do That

8th of October 2017

"So, he called you pretty and kissed you on the top of your head?" Ruby asked as we entered the venue for tonight's show. The crowd was already building outside, and I know that tonight is going to be amazing, as per usual.

"Yeah," I laughed, my cheeks blushing red at the thought of it. James clapped in elation and Ruby squealed as we walked down the corridor to the dressing room, which was sure to be empty as Harry and the band were currently doing soundcheck.

"Oh my god I have never been more invested in this relationship," James sighed dramatically, and I just rolled my eyes at him but grinned, as it made me happy to know my friends were also happy with the minuscule process being made.

"Well it would help if we actually spoke about things," I laughed, my converse clad feet moving quickly along the ground as we made our way to the dressing room, the door firmly shut which was not unusual.

"Yeah, but he is an idiot when it comes to relationships, we all know..." Ruby began saying as I opened the black dressing room door, to see none other than Kendall Jenner sitting on the couch, looking stupidly perfect as she always does. "That."

"Oh, sorry I didn't think anybody else was coming in here," she said putting her phone down and for some reason, I instantly felt small and stupid knowing that Harry had definitely invited her here. She was wearing a tight black crop top matched with extremely skinny jeans and black strappy heels, her hair pulled back into a neat high ponytail. She was stunning and I felt even dumber in my converse and light wash jeans, wearing an old 'Ramones' band t-shirt that I bought when I was seventeen.

"That's okay, we can go somewhere else," I said bluntly, and it was like I was not the one even talking. I knew that Ruby and James could sense I was tense, I mean why wouldn't I be? Harry's ex-girlfriend was just casually sitting in his dressing room the morning after we spent the whole night talking. I was stupid to think that Harry thought of me as anything more than his friend and stylist when clearly, he can have anybody in the world.

"No no I will go side stage or something, you guys need the room more than I do," she said gesturing to the bags and cases the three of us were carrying. I nodded as she stood up, towering over me, her legs appearing longer than my whole body. She smiled at the three of us as she looked at us, lingering at me for just a little too long.

"Thank you, Kendall," James said firmly, and she just nodded before leaving the room, gently shutting the door behind her.

"Okay, what the fuck!" Ruby exclaimed and I felt like I was going to cry. I knew there was a reason Harry never wanted to talk about his feelings. Oh god, that is what he was going to tell me last night. He was going to tell me he was now seeing Kendall and our little conversation in Washington was a mistake.

"What the hell is going on Anna?" James asked as I gently placed down my bag, flopping onto the beige couch, my stomach twisting and turning, feeling like the insides of my body were being pulled and ripped at. I wanted to vomit.

"I have no idea," I mumbled, pulling at the thread of my t-shirt, trying to distract myself from the pit forming in my stomach. I felt like a total fool for believing Harry and his confession of his feelings for me. I was just his stylist and Kendall Jenner is well, Kendall Jenner.

"Oh baby, please don't cry," Ruby said suddenly, as we locked eyes and I knew that there were tears forming in my eyes and I tried to bite the inside of my mouth to suppress the ridiculous sob that was about to escape my lips.

"Oh fuck, nobody makes Anna cry," James huffed as Ruby rushed over to me and pulled me into a hug as I let out a stifled sob, making me feel pathetic and slightly ridiculous that I was acting this way about a boy that clearly had no regard for my feelings whatsoever. "I don't give a fuck if he is on stage right now, I'm literally going to crack his nose."