Without Layla- 43 pt.2

Chapter 43
Ryder's POV
Saturday-Next Monday

I woke up two days later a pain in my arm. I was in mine and Layla's room. Her smell still in the room but I could tell it was starting to fade away.

This has been the first time I have been alone in this room.

I could feel the angry boil away and get replaced with sadness. It hurt so much to be in this room without her. I stood up quickly and bolted out of the room to run down the stairs into the kitchen.

I moved into the only cabinet that has alcohol. The only reason we have this is because in meetings Alphas like to have a drink. I normally hate alcohol but it feels like my only release right now was to get drunk.

I grabbed a cup and sat them both down on the island in front of me.

I hesitated pouring the liquid into the cup. The fact Layla hates alcohol was stopping me.

I maybe sat there for 30 minutes thinking about her and if this was any worth it, before I heard someone come down the stairs.

I looked to see it was Layla's father. I looked away from him and looked back to the bottle trying to figure out what I was going to do now.

"Did you just wake up?" He asked me. I only nodded not moving my gaze.

He walked up and sat down next to me saying "You know that isn't going to pour itself." I again only nodded but this time took a quick glance at Mr. Smith

He was looking at me with curiosity. He was waiting to see what I was going to do and so was I.

He stood up and grabbed a cup for himself. He opened the bottle with ease, almost rubbing it in that he can drink with a clear mind. He put the bottle back in front of me next to my cup.

"Whats stopping you?" he asked. I looked away feeling the guilt of what happened the last time I got drunk. I decided it wasn't worth it. Layla loved the fact I didn't drink and she would be upset that I turned to it while she was gone.

I stood up and put the bottle back in the cabinet. I felt a relief go through me that I didn't do it. But the pain in my chest and arm was still there mocking me. 

Mr. Smith seemed proud of my decision. "I'm still curious. Why don't you drink."

I sat back down next to him feeling like I could breath now. "Werewolves can consume alcohol at the age of 16 without it being harmful. I went out to a party at my high school. I got super drunk and ended up walking up next to a girl. I couldn't even remember her name or what happened so I got up and left. I came home feeling horrible." I told him knowing he wouldn't fully understand.

"So because you slept with someone you stopped drinking?" he asked confused. "That happening isn't a happy moment but many people make that mistake. It's nothing to stop drinking completely."

"Humans never understand. You don't wait for your one cause you don't know if you will find them. But a werewolf normally does. Why sleep with someone who won't give you the same feelings as your mate will. It only complicates everything." I said

"I got really lucky with Layla. She never got really upset that I had sleep with someone but because she was human she didn't care as much as a she-wolf would have." I told him placing my head on the table.

He seemed to understand a little more. "Were you Layla's first?" he asked.

I looked at him confused why he was asking and if I wanted to actually tell him I have had sex with his daughter.

"Your parents told me you guys are engaged. I can assume you have had sex." He said making more sense.

He seemed to be a more relaxed parent. Not like mine. He is almost like a chilled out teenager in an adult gangsters body.