•1•

I carry the way too heavy and overpacked box into the slightly messy non decorated flat, setting it down in the middle of the room with everything else. I take a look around, absolutely loving the place. Everything about leaving home for university with my brother, Harrison is great except one minor detail.
"Mate where's the beer?" Tom calls from the kitchen.
"I thought you were gonna pick it up!" Haz calls as he helps carry in my last box.
Tom and I are less than friendly with each other. Ever since we were young we've never gotten along well. When in our later teen years he practically ruined my high school experience and made everyone treat me like shit since he was the 'popular' one. Now here I am, moving into the same flat as him and living with him. Luckily Haz lives here to keep things calm, otherwise I'd probably end up killing him.
"Alright, all moved in." Haz smiles.
Haz is really excited that I'm finally in college with him. Being less than two years apart means that we grew up super close, and we're each others first best friend. The first time we were ever really separated was when he moved here last year to start school.
"So what do we do around here? Throw parties? Go to parties?" I ask.
"Absolutely not. You're going to study and do your work and be responsible." He says in a parental tone.
"Oh come on!" I groan. "There's no way you skip out on college parties!"
"Oh he does. It's embarrassing." Tom comments as he walks into the room.
"Hate to agree with the mole rat but that is really embarrassing." I say.
"Did you just calm me a mole rat?" Tom asks.
"Anyways, I'm gonna go unpack a few boxes in my room. I'll be out in a bit and we can get caught up on love island!" I say, leaving the room.
Love island is the only thing Tom and I can manage to do together with Haz that doesn't end in a fight because we both love it. Although Haz finds the show a bit annoying, he watches it anyways because it helps Tom and I chill out with each other.
I unpack my boxes, folding my clothes to put away and hanging a few photos around the walls. This room definitely needs some decorating but it's good for now.
Living with two boys isn't necessarily what I had in mind, but the dorms were way too small for my comfort and I didn't feel safe living alone, so I made the decision to move in here. I lived with my brother my whole life, and Tom slept over so much that he practically lived with us as well so it will feel pretty natural.
"Savannah, I'm going to get beer be back in a bit!" Haz calls through my bedroom door.
"Okay bye!" I call back.
I finish setting everything up, and walk out into the living room. Tom sits on the couch scrolling through his phone and I plop myself down next to him.
"Who are ya texting?" I ask.
"Personal space, Sav." He says, pushing me over.
I sit back up, peeking over his phone to see he's talking to some girl on tinder.
"Tinder? Really?" I ask.
"Only for hookups." He says.
"How do you not have an STD?" I ask.
"You know.." he trails of, looking into the distance. "I really couldn't tell you."
His answer makes me laugh. He knows what a man whore he is and he's not ashamed of it one bit. That's one thing I can applaud him for, is being confident in himself.
"I should make a tinder." I say and he laughs loudly.
"Sweetheart tinder is all about physical attraction." He says.
"And? Are you calling me ugly?" I ask.
"I don't think I'm going to win this argument." He shakes his head.
He texts on his phone, getting a stupid smirk on his face.
"Ya boy is getting lucky tonight!" He cheers, standing up from the couch.
"That poor girl isn't." I sigh.
"I'm not going to like living with you." He glares, walking back to his room.
____
After Haz got home, he helped me go through my syllabus and figure out where all my classes are so I have no stresses tomorrow. He's always been a helpful brother, and made sure I was always okay.
"Okay so Professor B is an absolute bitch, but if you answer lots of questions in class she will lighten up on you." He says.
"What have I gotten myself into?" I say under my breath, anxiety filling my body.
"Hey come on! You're going to do great!" He encourages. "Trust me, you're the smart one in the family."
The front door opens, and we both look over to see Tom walking in, hair completely screwed up and belt in hand. Yep.. he definitely is back from his tinder hook up.
"Have fun?" Haz asks in a less than interested tone.
"Eh, she was pretty vanilla." He shrugs, plopping down on the chair across from us.
"Or you're just a man whore." I comment.
"Scuse' me? A man whore?" He laughs.
Haz rolls his eyes, knowing we're about to get into it.
"Yeah." I nod.
"Darling don't pretend like this innocent little angel act isn't fake." He says.
"What?" I say.
"It's always the innocent ones that want to be choked and tied up." He smirks.
"Ew ew ew ew." Haz says quickly, standing up and leaving the room with his hands over his ears.
"I'm not having this discussion with you." I shake my head.
"Why? Because I'm right?"
"No because you're a pig." I state.
"So you're telling me.." he starts. He moves over to sit next to me, he rests his hand on my thigh, slowly moving it up as he speaks. "You don't want someone to tie your hands together.. or wrap their hand around your throat.. or call you a good girl.."
I put my hand over his that's getting dangerously high on my thigh, stopping it in its place. He smirks cockily at me as I look up to him.
"Maybe, Just not with you." I say, moving his hand off me.
I stand up and leave the room. Savannah one, Tom zero.

A/N: first chapter! I promise after the emotional trauma I put you guys through with 'Atonement' this book will be silly and light hearted (and a bit smutty so if you're not 18+ go away ty)