Chapter Forty Nine- Second Set

I didn't know what else to title this chapter because that's literally what it is ^
—————————————————————————
  (Y/n) was right. Kyōtani was a problem. During the second set, he was bringing in points left, and right, and just when they thought he was going for another point, Oikawa would pass it to someone else.

Even though Kyōtani's spikes were effective, there was a fair amount of time that he messed up. (Y/n), and the four others sighed in relief every time the ball hit Seijoh's side of the net.

  About halfway through however, Seijoh was pulling a three point lead. (Y/n) watched as Coach Ukai waved Suga over to the bench, and motioned for him to sit down.

"It looks like they're going to switch him in." Shimada said once he noticed Suga on the bench as well.

(Y/n) nodded. "Yes, but not for Kageyama." The other four looked at her, each of them with a confused look.

The girl laughed. "You see, this a very tactical substitution. Shimada you, and Takinoue were here last time they played Seijoh right?" She asked the two guys beside her.

Shimada nodded. "We were. They only subbed him in last time as a last resort while being cornered. This time though, they're probably subbing him in to try, and snag the win." He explained, pushing up his glasses.

"Exactly." (Y/n) says. "If Coach Ukai, and I's plan works, we could take the second set, or at least catch up." The girl smiled, before turning back to face the court below.

She looked down just in time to see Oikawa serve. His serves had been extremely powerful all day, but had never made it in. Now, (Y/n) watched as the landed on the wooden floor, inside the court.

Everyone's eyes widened, shocked that the serve had finally landed within the court's boundaries. Seijoh's score was creeping to a five point lead, and with this serve being in, who's to say if the next one will be a fluke, or not.

Oikawa went for a second serve. The five people in the stands watching intently. The Seijoh captain hit the ball, only for it to bounce off the top of the net.

  "UP FRONT!" (Y/n) heard Coach Ukai yell, before Noya dived to receive the ball. Tsukki bumped the ball up to Tanaka, who spiked it into Kyōtani's hands.

  Luckily, the ball landed on Seijoh's court, giving Karasuno a much needed point. "YEAH NICE ONE BRO!" Saeko exclaimed, while (Y/n) was yelling, "GOOD JOB RYU!"

"Looks like they're subbing him in now." Shimada said, looking down at the court. The other four followed his gaze to where Sugawara, and Tsukishima stood.

They traded places, Suga heading into the court. The third year began conversing quietly with Kageyama, before heading to serve.

Suga served the ball, sending it straight to Kyōtani, who just barely managed to receive it. "Woah!" (Y/n) exclaimed.

"Now he'll be late to attack!" Shimada said, watching as Oikawa sent the ball to Kindaichi. The ball was received, and sent to Kageyama who set it to Hinata in a quick attack.

Karasuno gained another point, their five supporters cheering loudly. The score was now 17-15 for Seijoh. Slowly, Karasuno was closing the gap.

Suga did the same serve, Kyōtani being forced to receive again. The ball was returned to Karasuno, Daichi receiving it.

(Y/n) smirked evilly. "See this is where it gets interesting." She said, rubbing her palms together, and making Yachi nervous.

Suddenly, Suga, and Kageyama switched places. Suga took the setters position, while everyone else on the court ran up for a synchronized attack.