Chapter 26

(unedited)

A/N:

Nobody got it completely, but here are the people who were close. LittleMissNobody, Patricia003, and Kayls13. Enjoy.

Amanda's P.O.V

Growing up as an only child sucks, and only people who've went through this would understand. If I had a sibling growing up, I wouldn't care if they got on my nerves, I wouldn't care if they took things without asking, because when it comes down to it, it take something over nothing. I would bare the screaming fights for the hugs during a storm. I would listen to their rants on how I'm a terrible person if at the end of the day, they would say "I love you". I had none of that, and on top of it, I had an abusive stepfather who blamed me for the suicide of my own mother. Great childhood, right?

Am I estatic that I found this stranger who appeared out of nowhere claiming to be my long lost brother? No. I don't blame him for not being there for me. He had no idea what I was going through. It just makes the pain of my past hurt more. I could have had someone with me. Someone who would hug me and tell me everything was going to okay, even if it wasn't. Just the reasurance would have been enough to keep things from getting worse in this inner battle of mine.

I don't think it's impossible that I have a big brother. His story does check out, and as I've learned recently, nothing's impossible. I don't think that my mom cheated or anything. I only remember my 5th birthday from my younger memories, and even with that, its only when we took that picture. If we were in court, I'd have no alibies anyways. I can't go up to my mom and dad and ask "did either of you cheat on each other and have a secret child" or "did you have a child before me and give him up for adoption"? One, I wouldn't go up to them and ask that in the first place, and two my parents are dead.

"Why did you try and find me before?" I had finally gotten out of his death grip and was back in Conlans safe arms.

"I uhhhh. Haha, ummm," I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want to hear any excuses,"

"I..uh..." he sighs. He has nothing.

"So you're telling me you could have been there for me, but you choose not to?" he rubs his neck nervouesly.

"Yea?" I scoffed. It's hard thinking about all of the pain I went through and then imagining someone there to help me and maybe get me out of it. And they just chose not to. I couldn't stand to look at my "brother" for another second, so I ran off into the woods. I needed to be alone.

Ray's P.O.V

"Something I said?" I asked jokingly to my sisters mate. Needless to say, he didn't find it funny.

He looked like he was about to explode, but when Conlan noticed we had an audiance, he pulled me to the side before starting to talk.

"She was beaten by her stepfather most of her life," he loaded on to me. Wait, what?

"Oh my god. That-that...uh...oh my god," my baby sister was hit, punched and kicked most of her life and I wasn't there to save her from the pain. I'm a terrible big brother.

"Exactly."

"At least you killed him, right?" A man like Conlan doesn't seem like one to take it lightly when someone in his family gets hurt. I mean, sure, I don't think he's good enough for my baby sis, but I don't think anyone is for that matter.

I watched his facial features go into "uh oh" mode and I started to get pissed.

"You did kill him once you found out, right?" I asked again in a more forceful manner.